Otter Tarn Holiday Cottages
Backbarrow 1.5 miles. Perfectly situated in the stunning Lake District National Park, this exclusive group of properties is set in a small, prestigious development set in idyllic countryside on the owner's working livestock farm, near the villages of Backbarrow, Newby Bridge and Cartmel. With woodland views, these luxury cottages have been furnished and equipped with every comfort in mind. Each has been finished to the highest standard with beautiful, hand-crafted fittings throughout and original art work, all with a woodburning stove, underfloor heating and en-suite accommodation to provide a superb base for couples wishing to escape or for families or friends who simply want to spend time together in beautiful surroundings. Each has a private hot tub which has been cleverly set in a dry stone wall, extensive open decking which runs all around each cottage and shared lawns. Just a short walk away is a private lake where guests can wander and admire the scenery, fly fish and possibly catch a glimpse of the otter. Haverthwaite Steam Railway is 6 minutes' drive away, where you can catch the steam train to Lakeside, then catch the Windermere Steamers to Bowness-on-Windermere and Ambleside. Also younger visitors will love the Aquarium of the Lakes at Lakeside. The pretty, priory village of Cartmel is three miles away and has a fantastic collection of inns, award-winning restaurants and shops, Cartmel Priory and children's playground, and the last weekend of May is the start of the racing season. These very special cottages offer fabulous accommodation all year round and will leave guests wishing they could stay forever.
A splendid detached cottage with private hot tub, extensive open decking and shared lawns.
Inside, the convivial open living area has beautiful views across the grounds, a designer kitchen, a superb sitting area with woodburning stove and underfloor heating.
Leading from the living area are two super king-size double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms and one twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
This superbly-equipped and furnished cottage makes a wonderful base at any time of the year.
Note: This cottage can be booked Refs. 929182, 931530 and 931531, 981166, 981167 together they sleep 36.Property 923450 is a short walk away and sleeps 8
Three ground floor bedrooms with Smart TV: 2 x super-king size double with en-suite monsoon shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with 60'' Smart TV and wood burning stove.
- Gas underfloor heating throughout with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge with ice maker and water chiller, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 4 x Smart TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray, Bluetooth speaker, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available to hire
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private patio with furniture and BBQ and shared use of extensive lawn and grounds
- Private hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.6 miles
- Note: Fly fishing available on-site, environmental licence required
- Fishing free for one rod on a catch and release basis, at extra cost for more rods and there's an extra cost if you wish to keep any of the fish
- Note: Due to fly fishing lake on-site, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: WiFi is suitable for general browsing only, not downloading or live streaming
- Note: Max 6 people, plus 1 infant
- Note: Check-in 4pm.
About the location
Newby Bridge 1 mile; Bowness-on-Windermere 10 miles.
The small village of Backbarrow sits by the banks of the River Leven and the southern tip of Lake Windermere. The famous Haverthwaite Steam Railway runs close by the village between Haverthwaite and Lakeside. Enjoy magnificent views across Windermere and the surrounding fells, or visit the Aquarium of the Lakes, where the naturally themed habitats bring the history of the Lakes vividly to life. Bowness-on-Windermere provides a lovely day out, and the picturesque village of Hawkshead still retains the charm and character that so endeared it to its most famous residents - William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. Set amidst the charm of the Lake District, close to the fringe of Windermere, this attractive village makes an inspiring choice from which to forage further into a magical heartland of silver lakes, lofty towering peaks and lonely gorse clad moors.
Note: Max 6 people, plus 1 infant.
This property offers the following short breaks: