- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
A magnificent stone-built, semi-detached farmhouse, approached along a mile-long farm track on the Fourstones Estate, just three miles from the Dales town of Bentham.
In a beautiful secluded location with panoramic views of rolling countryside, this cottage was featured in The Times 30 Wild Places to Stay in the UK and provides a holiday home for those seeking the opportunity to get away from it all and enjoy a relaxing break with family and friends.
The cottage provides first-class accommodation in a stunning location and boasts character and charm, including original beams and exposed stonework throughout.
It features a warm, comfortable and spacious open plan living area where guests can sit and enjoy the wonderful open views of the moorlands.
With three delightful bedrooms, including an en-suite, a stylish bathroom and the spacious enclosed garden, this is a holiday home of considerable merit.
Nearby Bentham boasts a range of amenities including a good variety of shops and a range of pubs and restaurants serving fine beers and good food.
The famous Three Peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-Ghent are close by, whilst the largely undiscovered Forest of Bowland, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, stretches away to the south and offers a wide range of unspoilt landscapes and visitor facilities.
The market towns of Settle, Kirkby Lonsdale, Skipton and Kendal are all within easy driving distance.
For those seeking a country retreat amidst beautiful surroundings, this cottage really is superb.
Note: This cottage is ¼ mile away from Ref 1889, together they sleep 14.
- Over two floors
- Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with well-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove and door to garden.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room and underfloor heating on ground floor
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher
- TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Large enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and railway station 3.5 miles
- Note: Property accessed via 1 mile private gravel farm track, may be unsuitable for low slung cars, please take care and drive slowly.
About the location
Settle 12 miles; Kirkby Lonsdale 12 miles.
Beautifully situated in the Forest of Bowland, Fourstones sits on the edge of Burnmoor, high above the traditional Yorkshire market town of Bentham, with the Great Stone of Fourstones standing on the boundary where Lancashire meets Yorkshire. This large boulder is a relic of the Ice Age and has become a distinctive feature of the landscape, which also includes spectacular views over the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland. To the north lies the Yorkshire Dales National Park and the famous Three Peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-Ghent, while the Forest of Bowland, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, stretches away to the south and offers unspoilt landscapes and a range of visitor facilities. The area boasts limestone pavements, scars, caves and open moors with wonderful cycle tracks and walks. Nearby Bentham has a range of pubs and restaurants serving fine beers and good food, as well as a variety of shops and a Post Office. This peaceful area is nicely off the beaten track, yet the market towns of Settle, Kirkby Lonsdale, Skipton and Kendal are all within easy driving distance.