- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Brampton 2 miles.
Perfectly located for touring the area around Hadrian’s Wall, this cosy one-bedroom apartment is located in the scattered rural hamlet of Lanercost, adjoining the owner’s delightful converted mill.
Situated mainly across the ground floor, this delightful apartment comprises a contemporary sitting room, with four steps leading up to a well-equipped kitchen with dining area, a beautifully furnished bedroom with adaptable zip and link bed and a separate shower room.
Outside, the owner’s garden is there for you to share.
At the end of a long day’s sightseeing, what could be nicer than relaxing outside, alongside the adjacent beck and listening as it tumbles down to join the River Irthing?
With plenty to see and do from the doorstep, why not experience the local history with a visit to Lanercost Priory?
A short drive will take you to the Roman ruins at Birdoswald, Vindolanda and Housesteads, along with Thirlwall Castle and beautiful Talkin Tarn for watersports and wonderful walks.
The surrounding countryside is stunning, steeped in history and ideal for walking or cycling.
Beckside Apartment is perfectly positioned for those wishing to explore the Roman Wall, the North Pennines, Eden Valley or the Scottish Borders.
- All ground floor
- One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request)
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room with electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared use of owner’s garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: Although all ground floor, there are four steps up to the kitchen/dining area, and one step up to the bedroom
- Note: At peak times, some road noise can be heard inside the cottage
- Note: Beck adjacent to apartment and river 20 yards
About the location
Carlisle 10 miles.
The market town of Brampton is the ideal base for exploring Hadrian’s Wall. The town boasts a rich and colourful history going back to the Roman occupation, Border raiders from Scotland and the Jacobite uprisings, plus bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton. In the centre of the town is Moot Hall, which was built in 1817, and now houses the Tourist Information Centre, and there is a large motte to the east of the town, which is 135 feet high and has the statue of the 7th Earl of Carlisle on it. A few miles outside Brampton is Talkin Tarn Country Park. It covers 120 acres of farmland and woodland, 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Two miles away is Gelt Woods, which is an ancient woodland and RSPB nature reserve and has the River Gelt running through it. Brampton is a wonderful base for exploring this historic and scenic area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute