“Location too far away from Windermere and the heart of the lake district .”
Although only approximately 25 miles takes over an hour to get there . Property lovely .
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A pleasant detached property in the small hamlet of Santon Bridge, in the scenic Wasdale Valley within the Lake District National Park.
With a stunning first floor sitting room with comfy leather sofas, ground floor bedrooms and attractive styling, this charming cottage is perfect for friends and families wishing to enjoy all the beauty this marvellous area has to offer.
Relax in the pretty gardens at this welcoming cottage, which even have a small beck tumbling through.
With the quaint Bridge Inn, famous for hosting the World's Biggest Liar Contest, within a few minutes' walk, and a gift shop and tea room serving delicious cakes and even breakfast next door, this cottage has some excellent amenities.
There is superb fishing available on the River Irt, which flows through the hamlet, and walkers and mountaineers will be equally thrilled by the range of mountains on the doorstep, including England's highest mountain, plus beautiful scenery and dramatic mountains can be admired on the Ravenglass to Eskdale Railway.
Muncaster Castle, reported to be haunted, set within 70 acres of gardens is also nearby.
It is a wonderful place to visit and frequently hosts events, including open air theatre productions.
The stunning west coast is also close by, with beaches at St Bees and Seascale.
With so much to enjoy, this lovely cottage has all the ingredients for a great holiday, at any time of the year.
Note: This cottage is a few minutes' walk from Ref. 16401, together they sleep 12.
- Four ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x 4’ double, 2 x twin
- Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Hall with dining area
- First floor sitting room with electric flame-effect fire.
- Central heating provided by air source pump with electric fire, plus water heated by solar panels and electric immersion heater
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, condenser dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture, plus front lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Water feature and beck in garden, children to be supervised at all times
- No stag/hen parties or similar.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Eskdale 2 miles; Gosforth 3 miles; Seascale 6 miles.
The small hamlet of Santon Bridge sits amongst beautiful Lakeland countryside and consists of a scattering of cottages, some farm dwellings, a tea room and gift shop and a traditional English pub serving good food. An area relatively unknown to many Lakeland visitors, this great location boasts a skyline dominated by the towering peaks of Scafell - England's highest peak, as well as Great Gable, Hard Knott, Harter Fell and Muncaster Fell, whilst the nearby stunning valleys of Eskdale, Wasdale and Dunnerdale provide breathtaking and ever-changing scenery to be enjoyed throughout the year. Local attractions include Muncaster Castle, the World Owl Centre and the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway, one of the most beautiful train journeys imaginable. With both beautiful Wastwater - the deepest lake in the country and St Olaf's - the smallest church amongst the many well known landmarks in this awe inspiring and beautiful area also within easy reach, this stunning location will have visitors returning time and time again.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute