“Fabulous, exceeded expectations!”
Amazing lodge in a super location - very peaceful and a brilliant place to watch the sunrise. The back of the lodge looks out onto the woodland where there are deer and many wonderful species of birds. From the front of the lodge you get a lovely view of the lake. The lodge is very nicely decorated, spacious, cosy and all that we could have hoped for. Would 100% consider re-booking and highly recommend staying here. Walking distance to Ambleside and Bowness. Nothing to complain about, this lodge ...
Amazing lodge in a super location - very peaceful and a brilliant place to watch the sunrise. The back of the lodge looks out onto the woodland where there are deer and many wonderful species of birds. From the front of the lodge you get a lovely view of the lake. The lodge is very nicely decorated, spacious, cosy and all that we could have hoped for. Would 100% consider re-booking and highly recommend staying here. Walking distance to Ambleside and Bowness. Nothing to complain about, this lodge was the perfect place to have a relaxing weekend away!
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A secluded, detached lodge located close to the shore of Lake Windermere on a beautifully-maintained holiday park, in the stunning Lake District National Park.
Carefully appointed throughout, this ground floor lodge has two double bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower and there’s also a family bathroom available.
At this superb lodge is a spacious sitting room, with a dining area and patio doors leading out to a large decked area, which has glimpses of the lake, and completing the accommodation is a well-equipped kitchen with island.
There are also excellent on-site facilities available, including an indoor heated swimming pool, a Jacuzzi and a sauna.
The lake shore is just a couple of minutes’ walk away, where amazing views across to the Langdale Pikes and Latterbarrow can be seen; the views are especially magnificent at the end of the day when the sun is setting.
Being perfectly placed for exploring both Ambleside and Bowness-on-Windermere, everyone will love the location, with lots of outdoor activities to enjoy both on and off the water, including a treetop adventure course and superb mountain biking.
There are lots of excellent restaurants to enjoy in the area and on-site, there is a restaurant and bar with live entertainment during the summer months.
This lovely lodge has great facilities on hand, which can be enjoyed all year round.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with Jack-and-Jill access to bathroom. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with island. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Double gas range cooker with 2 ovens and 7-ring hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, shared, on-site coin-operated laundry facilities, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, on-site WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Side decked area, plus front terrace with furniture
- Shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 4 mins walk
- Note: Lake two minutes’ walk away, children to be supervised
- Note: Due to the site's rural location, mobile phone and WiFi signal can be intermittent
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: Approx
- 3 steps up to access decking and property
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
Calculate your drive time
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of many lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, entertainment room, amusement arcade, indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, gym, children's staffed activity centre, marina and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute