- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
This stone-built, Grade II Listed terrace cottage, is situated in the centre of the well known village of Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant, which lies in the beautiful Tanat Valley at the foot of the Berwyn Mountain Range.
Nearby is the wonderful Pistyll Rhaeadr, Wales's highest waterfall which cascades down over 240 feet.
The cottage offers simple, cosy accommodation with small rooms and an open fire, the perfect place to relax after a day's activities in the surrounding countryside.
This is a mecca for walkers of all abilities with trails from the doorstep as well as the Berwyn Mountains, Lake Vyrnwy and Bala all a short drive away.
Further afield, but still within easy reach, are Snowdonia, Shropshire, Powys Castle and even the historic city of Chester.
1 x small twin bedroom. Shower room with electric shower, basin and WC. Small fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining table, two single ‘bed’ chairs and open fire.
- Electric radiators with additional heating from either open fire or separate electric fire in sitting room
- Free standing electric cooker, microwave, fridge, colour TV, video, DVD
- Electricity inc. in rent between 1st April and 30th October
- Electricity charged at 20 pence per unit (honesty box) between 31st October and 31st March
- Starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent all year round
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking in car park opposite the cottage (free of charge)
- Small rear garden with gravel sitting area, garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry no pets or smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Note: This property is suitable for a maximum of 2 adults
- Note: The stairs in the property are steep and the garden is reached via 12 steps up - not recommended for the infirm.
Don’t miss out, sign up today! To receive discounts, exclusive offers, travel tips and guides. We’ll also enter you into our monthly Prize draw. T&C’s Apply
An error occurred, could you double-check your email?
You have subscribed successfully
About the location
Lake Vyrnwy 8 miles; Bala 18 miles.
This pleasant village lies in the beautiful Tanat Valley at the foot of the Berwyn Mountains, only 4 miles from one of the Seven Wonders of Wales - the magnificent Pistyll Rhaeadr (240 ft high waterfall). Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant was the location for the successful film, The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain, and more recently the film Nativity 2 starring David Tennant. The village boasts two general stores, a newsagents, a Post Office, a butchers, two pubs, one hotel, one cafe and a fish and chip shop. It is surrounded by lovely countryside, providing walking trails for all abilities including Berwyn Ridge Walk and a trail to the summit of the waterfall. Discover lovely Lakes Vyrnwy and Bala, Powys Castle and Gardens, medieval Shrewsbury and Chester and the wonderful Snowdonia National Park.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute