“Lovely, relaxing break in a well ...”
Lovely, relaxing break in a well equipped and comfortable cottage. Would certainly book again.
Lovely, relaxing break in a well equipped and comfortable cottage. Would certainly book again. Always feel a bit of a victim when it comes to value for money. I am a teacher and always resent hiked prices for half term weeks. Come on Sykes! Be the first to break the mould and offer a fairer price for hardworking families and teachers. Breaks my heart to see what people over the next few weeks will be paying compared to me
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An enchanting, 17th century mid-terrace cottage ideally situated in the large village of Briston, close to the most popular destinations of the North Norfolk coast.
Full of character, this lovely accommodation has been renovated to retain period charm with the modern convenience of en-suite bathrooms.
Fred’s Cottage offers exposed oak beams, a fantastic inglenook fireplace in the sitting room and a well-equipped kitchen to provide accommodation for up to four people.
There is space to relax in front of the fire on winter evenings, or during the summer why not enjoy a meal in the cottage garden after a day on the beach, birdwatching, or walking or cycling along the many quiet back roads?
The cottage provides an ideal base from which to explore this lovely area.
The village itself has a good butcher's and bakery and fresh fish shed, as well as a shop, Post Office and two pubs, whilst the Georgian market town of Holt with its tempting tea rooms, antique emporiums and fascinating steam railway is close by.
Take some time to visit the seals at Blakeney Coastal Reserve, or take a trip to Holkham Hall and its award-winning beach.
Alternatively, simply explore the Norfolk Coast Path, easily accessible from this charming retreat.
A great property in a great location.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, stairgate and baby bath on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Gravelled area to front of property with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at charge of £15 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: The stairs in this property are fairly steep
- Note: Mobile phone signal can be intermittent
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Holt 4 miles; Fakenham 10 miles; Sheringham 10 miles; Dereham 16 miles, Norfolk Broads 20 miles.
The large village of Briston is situated in North Norfolk and offers an excellent local store, a village Post Office, a good bakery and a superb butcher's shop, in addition to a pub, a pub/cafe, a fish shop selling lobster and the famous Cromer crabs, a sports playing field and a large village green. Located in a wonderfully central position, the village provides a good base from which to explore the surrounding area. The historic Georgian market town of Holt, with its tempting tea rooms and enjoyable shops, is just a five-minute drive away, and Blakeney National Nature Reserve, with its fantastic bird spotting opportunities, just a 15-minute drive away. Whether it’s boat trips and seal spotting around the coast, a day exploring some of the many historic towns in the area, or a day at the seaside resort of Sheringham that you’re looking for, this lovely location has lots to see and do.