“Not very nice”
This property was not as advertised/described, details as follows:- ...
This property was not as advertised/described, details as follows:-
1) As soon as we opened the front door there was an overpowering musty smell. It had obviously been unused for a length of time e.g. vase full of dead flowers in stagnant water, and congealed gravy in a dish in the fridge. The same smell was also inside all of the kitchen cupboards where crockery was stored, and this had to be washed thoroughly before use.
2) the downstairs rooms were dark and dingy and full of clutter.
3) Unable to sleep in master bedroom due to traffic noise.
4) dogs continually barking and howling in adjoining properties.
5) 'Help' documentation was non existent i.e. bins and collection dates/ places to visit.
6) Garden was NOT enclosed - had to block with wheelie bins to stop dog escaping.
7) Could not attain Wi-Fi. Tried to use code on router without success.
8) advertised as 5 minutes walk to beach and 5 minutes to pub. More like 1 hours walk to beach and 30 minutes walk to pub.
9) We cannot believe that there have not been any previous negative comments about this property.
We were very disappointed with this booking as we were looking forward to a relaxing holiday near the beach, which we had saved hard for, for over a year. Not up to the standard expected with Sykes cottages.