Upper House Farm Cottages
These four luxury stone-built barn conversions, are situated in an impressive courtyard close to the owner’s 17th century traditional farmhouse, on a 220-acre arable farm in the rural village of Alberbury, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. All four Alberbury cottages have been individually designed to provide completely private rear gardens, each with their own hot tub. All four Alberbury cottages have been renovated to a very high standard providing spacious, open plan, very well-equipped accommodation. They have retained many original features including a wealth of wooden beams and trusses, which have been combined with contemporary fixtures and fitting throughout, producing a welcoming cottage atmosphere in a modern environment. With prior arrangement. These Alberbury cottages provide perfect holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends, as well as offering safe, indoor entertainment for children and the young at heart in. Jimmy’s Play Barn which has a pool table, hand football, air hockey and a ball-pit for toddlers is perfect for the children. There is also a retro gaming table, lots of DVDs ,toys for the children, board games and books to loan. There is a separate sports barn in this there is astro turf down, badminton and a sky fort climbing frame with swings and slide. There is a small grocery shop with an honesty box and free range chickens where you can collect your own eggs! These wonderful Alberbury holiday cottages are in an ideal location for walking through the Loton Estate's deer park, up Rodney’s Pillar hill, along Offa's Dyke Path, or visiting Powis Castle or historic Shrewsbury. Discover the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, the Wroxeter Roman City, delightful Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow, surely one of the UK’s most lovely towns. Any one of these Alberbury holiday cottages would be perfect for a memorable, year-round holiday in one of England’s loveliest counties.
A charming mid-terraced Alberbury cottage, full of character, with original wooden beams and trusses, as well as a woodburner in the open plan living area, and three delightful bedrooms all with en-suite facilities.
Add in the private hot tub, and this is a perfect Alberbury cottage for a family holiday!
Note: This cottage is next to Refs. (15913, 15914, 15916) and 200 metres from 3853 and together they sleep 20.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 xking-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Utility. Shared games barn.
- Underfloor central heating from eco-friendly biomass system with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Shared games barn (wheelchair accessible) with pool table, hand football, air hockey, toddler ball-pit, drinks machine and newspapers
- Shared indoor play area for younger children with swing, seesaw and climbing frame
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Private, enclosed courtyard garden with furniture, BBQ and private hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub with restaurant 1.3 miles
- Note: There is total privacy around the hot tub, but it is situated close to neighbouring properties
- Note:Small grocery shop with honesty box and free range chickens where you can collect your own eggs
- Please note; 7 day bookings must start on a Saturday.
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
Alberbury is a small rural village in lovely countryside, 4 miles from the Offa's Dyke Pathway, 9 miles from historic Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury lies within a giant loop of the River Severn, and has been called England's finest Tudor town, with its timber framed, black and white buildings, as well as the ancient 'shuts' or passageways which connect them. There is a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit Shrewsbury Abbey, home to the fictional Brother Cadfael or Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive sandstone building in beautiful gardens and grounds, housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum. Visit NT's stately Attingham Park and mansion, Powis and Chirk castles with their lovely gardens, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge World Heritage Site, the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow, enjoy golf on the 9 hole course, paintball or quad biking, only a short drive away, or visit Acton Scott Working Farm, as featured in the “Victorian Farm” TV series.
Please note; 7 day bookings must start on a Saturday.
This property offers the following short breaks: