“No - all went very smoothly from my ...”
No - all went very smoothly from my perspective
No - all went very smoothly from my perspective :O)
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful stone-built mid-terrace cottage, located on a quiet residential lane in the rural village of Penmachno, four miles from Betws-y-Coed, amidst the rolling hills of the Machno valley within the heart of the Snowdonia National Park.
The cottage has been tastefully decorated to provide a lovely holiday retreat and offers comfortable and cosy accommodation with lots of charm and character, making a great base for couples, friends or a family.
This lovely cottage retains lots of original features and attributes, including exposed beams and stonework with an impressive inglenook fireplace housing a wonderful multi-fuel stove in the sitting room.
This room has a comfy sofa and chairs, making it a lovely place for relaxing on those cosier evenings after a busy day exploring and walking on the mountains.
Beautiful slate flooring extends through the sitting room, which also accommodates a dining area, perfect for a family meal or even a game of Monopoly!
A well-equipped, modern fitted kitchen provides you with everything you may need including another, less formal dining area with breakfast table and chairs.
Upstairs, the three bedrooms are comfortable and the main bedroom boasts an attractive exposed stone feature wall and a king-size bed and the family bathroom is well presented with Travertine tiles and a modern suite with a large shower over the bath, which is q-shaped and so is wider at the shower end.
Outside your delightful holiday cottage is a rear enclosed terrace and patio area with a small folding table and chairs, making it a lovely place to sit out and enjoy your morning cuppa and in the evening is perfect for alfresco dining.
Penmachno is a pretty village with some wonderful walks on the doorstep through some lovely unspoilt countryside and forests, providing ideal opportunities to do some wildlife and birdwatching.
There is some excellent fishing and the famous Penmachno mountain bike trails are located across the valley and are hidden gems of North Wales mountain biking.
The local pub offers a warm welcome and the small, friendly bar serves traditional ales, selected from some of the best local breweries, as well as home-cooked meals at the weekends.
Betws-y-Coed is a short four-mile drive away, home to Snowdonia's visitor centre and offers a wide range of pubs, shops and cafés as well as a splendid golf course.
For visiting thrill-seekers, enjoy a few hours at nearby Blaenau Ffestiniog, now acclaimed to be one of the adventure capitals of North Wales, home to Zip World Titan, the longest zip wire in Europe, Bounce Below and Zip Caverns, a subterranean system of trampolines and zip wires deep underground, and of course there is the famous Ffestiniog Steam Railway for something a little more relaxing.
The popular seaside town of Llandudno is within easy reach, as is the popular Surf Snowdonia, and the Cardigan Bay coastline with numerous sandy beaches are just waiting to be discovered.
This charming cottage provides the ideal base if you’re seeking a getaway from it all location at any time of the year.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x 4’ double (accessed from one side only), 1 x children’s bunk suitable for age 12 and under
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area (seats 4)
- Sitting room with dining area (seats 6) and multi-fuel stove.
- Electric panel heaters with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, slimline dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Roadside parking on a first come, first served basis
- Rear, enclosed paved patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 1 min walk
- Note: The bunk room is only suitable for children under the age of 12
- Note: Maximum occupancy is 4 adults, 2 children and 1 infant
- Note: Stairs are open tread and the landing at the top of the stairs is split level, please take care
- Note: Internal step up in to the kitchen
- Note: Uneven levels and steps in rear courtyard garden, please take care and children to be supervised
- Note: The second bedroom has a 4’ double bed and is accessed by one side only.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Betws-y-Coed 4 miles.
The small, peaceful village of Penmachno is situated in the beautiful Machno Valley, just 4 miles from the popular town of Betws-y-Coed. Surrounded by woodland, magnificent mountains and flowing rivers, the whole area is a haven for walkers, birdwatchers, mountain bikers and climbers, whilst Betws-y-Coed itself offers a good range of shops, pubs and cafes. Here the River Conwy meets its three tributaries, creating a host of cascading waterfalls, river pools and ancient bridges throughout the surrounding countryside, the most famous of which is the magnificent waterfall at Swallow Falls, situated where the River Llugwy meets with a spectacular chasm, creating a sight not to be missed! The beautiful Conwy Falls are also well worth a visit and are situated in the Machno Valley. With all of Snowdonia to explore and North Wales' Heritage Coastlines also within easy reach, this beautiful location has plenty to offer at any time of year.