- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This traditional cottage offers all the modern comforts and is set within the pretty village of Bishop Wilton nestled at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds.
This lovely cottage is a perfect choice for families wishing to explore the hidden delights offered by the warm and welcoming county of Yorkshire.
Step inside this delightful cottage into the cosy sitting room with its feature fire providing a peaceful and comfortable haven for relaxing.
The pretty double bedroom has a cot bed and pull-out child's single and overlooks the village and its verdant green and the second bedroom has adult bunk beds, together with a family shower room.
Outside this lovely cottage is a small patio where you can sit and relax with a refreshing drink whilst planning your next day’s activities.
The enclosed lawned garden has a path leading to secure gated access to the beautiful beer garden of the village public house.
There is such a great and varied choice of places to visit and activities to suit everyone, whatever their age and taste.
Explore the beautiful city of York and learn about its great history; walk the walls and appreciate the stunning architecture; discover the quirky medieval streets and snickels.
The stunning Yorkshire coast with mile after mile of sandy beaches and soaring cliffs is less than an hour's drive away.
Sledmere House has captivated visitors for over 200 years and the house and gardens are well worth a visit.
The farm shop is highly recommended too!
The Yorkshire Wolds have captured the imagination of great artists, including David Hockney who was inspired by the gentle beauty of the rolling hills with the incredible views of the county below.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with cot bed and pull-out child's single, 1 x adult bunks. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- LPG central heating with electric fire
- Electric range cooker with gas hob and electric oven, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Roadside parking outside cottage on first come, first served basis
- Alternative parking in pub car park behind cottage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- 2 Small well behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry no smoking
- Shop 1 min walk, pub next door
- Note: As this is a traditional cottage in keeping with the era of the house, there is a step up into the bathroom and the bedrooms have access directly from the stairs; care must be taken when turning from main bedroom to bathroom as there is no landing access
- A hand rail is located for your ease of use and the stairs are not suitable for very young children or those with limited mobility without supervision
- Note: There is one step up to kitchen/diner from sitting room and one step from dining area to kitchen.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Pocklington 5 miles; York 14 miles.
The small and pretty village of Bishop Wilton lies within open countryside, five miles from the market town of Pocklington. With traditional cottages lining the main street and a stream running alongside the road, Bishop Wilton is a tranquil spot in which to stay, set on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds. It has a local pub and shop, but nearby Pocklington offers many independent shops, tea rooms and pubs, along with a weekly market day. The historic city of York is 14 miles away and offers many attractions, with the National Railway Museum, its famous Minster and the Jorvik Viking Centre. From Bishop Wilton there are numerous walks, including the Wolds Way and Minster Way, whilst the less energetic will enjoy exploring the nearby market towns of Stamford Bridge, Market Weighton and Driffield. With the North York Moors National Park within easy reach and the seaside towns of Bridlington and Scarborough an easy drive away, Bishop Wilton is well located to suit walkers, cyclists and those wishing to tour the area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute