“We had a problem with plumbing.”
We had a problem with plumbing. Dealt with very well and quickly
We had a problem with plumbing. Dealt with very well and quickly Property was larger than expected Catered exceptionally well for dogs providing towels bedding and a flexi- lead. Plenty of wood for stove, books DVD. Etc I believe that the property is being sold. A shame.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Pennyfarthings is a perfectly proportioned detached house near York which is just the ticket for family gatherings, groups of friends or just about anyone looking for a spacious home from home in the picturesque Vale of York.
Located in the small village of Claxton, less than four miles from the village of Stamford Bridge and only nine miles from the historic city of York, this lovely property has a spacious hall extending to the dining room, then on into two spacious sitting rooms designed for flexible living.
Whether you choose to cosy up in the garden room with its welcoming woodburning stove or retire to the sitting room after dinner, the choice is yours.
Also both sitting rooms open onto the delightful and private lawned garden with a sunny patio.
The four bedrooms with a choice of either king-size, double or twin beds provide plenty of options for guests, with one of these rooms having its own private balcony overlooking the garden and countryside beyond, a perfect place for that morning cup of tea.
Claxton is a superb base for exploring the many delights of the county.
York is within easy driving distance boasting many attractions, including the beautiful Minster, the Jorvik Viking Centre, city walls and Bettys tea rooms for a yummy afternoon tea.
Castle Howard, one of England's finest historic houses is less than eight miles away.
Set within the Howardian Hills, which is an Area of Outstanding Beauty, the house and grounds provide a spectacular day out.
Also in the area are the market town of Helmsley, the Carlisle Collection at the historic Nunnington Hall, and the seaside resorts of Scarborough and Filey.
A welcoming holiday home with plenty to see and do in the area.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with balcony), 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with gas fire. Garden room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with gas fire and woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, Blu-ray, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Secure bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, unfenced pond and furniture
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3.5 miles
- Note: Shared drive to access property
- Note: Due to the unfenced pond in garden, children must be supervised at all times
- From 03/09/2017 this property will no longer accept pets for new bookings, it may not be suitable for those with pet allergies please check with the owner.Note: Check-in time 4pm. Note: This property requires a Good House Keeping Bond of £100.00
- Note:unreasonable use of oil, towels and linen will be taken out of the good house keeping bond.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
York 8.5 miles.
Stamford Bridge, as its name suggests, was a fording point over the River Derwent for a Roman settlement. Nowadays, it is a village with a selection of shops and restaurants and is notable for a renovated railway viaduct, which is now used as a cycle and public footpath. The village is well known as the site of the Battle of Stamford Bridge on 25th September 1066, which marked the end of the Viking era in Britain. Within easy reach are the pretty Yorkshire market towns of Malton, Beverley and Driffield and within an hour’s drive is the unspoilt coastal resort of Filey with open beaches and the nearby RSPB nature reserve at Bempton.
Note: This property requires a Good House Keeping Bond of £100.00