Sadler House Farm Cottages
These two superb stone barn conversions are peacefully nestled in the beautiful countryside of the North York Moors, 1.5 miles from the charming village of Goathland. Sympathetically converted, these characterful Goathland cottages are ideal for families and friends to get together and explore the idyllic scenery on the doorstep, and are just a few minutes’ drive of the historic port of Whitby. Both cottages offer spacious living areas, with high pitched ceilings, exposed timbers and stonework. Finished to a high standard, these Goathland cottages boast central heating (underfloor downstairs in The Long Barn), with The Long Barn also providing two cosy woodburners. Several acres of communal grounds surround these delightful properties, with gated access over a stream and stunning views overlooking the steam railway, sheep pasture and moorland. A walker's haven, there are numerous public footpaths and trails to follow, whilst a lovely walk brings you into Goathland, otherwise known as Aidensfield from Heartbeat! Here, there are traditional tea rooms, several local inns serving food and the local village shop. Enjoy a walk down to the Mallyan Spout waterfall or follow the rail trail to Grosmont, from where one can return by steam train. An outing on the steam train from Goathland is a trip back in time as it winds its way through the moors to the delightful market town of Pickering or Whitby. Whitby offers many attractions, with its famous abbey, long, sandy beaches and narrow, cobbled streets. Guests are spoilt for choice with the numerous restaurants, coffee shops, independent shops and museums in this quaint town, as well as its charming harbour and renowned fish and chips. Two well-placed barns for a wonderful holiday all year round.
Orchard Cottage is the smaller Goathland cottage, and has an upside-down layout with a handcrafted spiral staircase that leads up to a spacious, open-plan living area.
With a pitched roof and exposed timbers and stonework, this light and airy space offers stunning views over the spectacular countryside and steam railway.
This lovely, rural cottage has a modern kitchen and French oak flooring, providing very comfortable accommodation.
On the ground floor is a large hallway with access to the two bedrooms.
Outside this cottage is a delightful orchard garden, perfect for relaxing, taking in the views and watching the steam trains trundle by.
A charming property in a beautiful area.
Note: This property can be booked with Ref 964010, and together they sleep 12 people.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x King with en-suite shower, basin, bidet and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor basin and WC. First floor open-plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with Log burner.
- Oil central heating
- Log Burner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Power and starter pack for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private lawned orchard garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pubs 20 minute walk along The Old Rail Trail Bridleway
- Note: The only bathroom in the property is the en-suite to the king bedroom
- Note: There are 6 steps down to the main entrance, although there is level access across the lawn to the lobby entrance
- Note: There is a fenced stream 50 yards away, please ensure children are supervised
- Note: The North Yorkshire Moors steam railway passes the bottom of the garden with up to two trains per hour passing by during the day in the operating season
- Note: No Stag/Hen parties
- Note: Please note a log burner has been installed since the photographs, where the sheep footstool is
- Note - Property not suitable for infants
- Check in for this property is 3.30pm
About the location
Whitby 9 miles.
The idyllic village of Goathland is set on the north eastern edge of the North York Moors National Park. It is surrounded by the rugged open moorlands which provide excellent walking country and on which sheep graze freely. The village has been popularised by the television programme Heartbeat. At the bottom of the village lies the station for the famous North York Moors Steam Railway. Here you can catch a train to Whitby or Pickering and relax as the train winds its way through the moors. Goathland is within easy reach of the East Coast towns of Whitby, Staithes, Robin Hoods Bay and Scarborough, making it a great holiday base.
Note - Property not suitable for infants.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute