“Warm and cosy cottage with great ...”Warm and cosy cottage with great hosts.lovely outlook .Warm and cosy cottage with great hosts.lovely outlook . Great location for walks in Esk valley,Cleveland way and coast. Very dog friendly
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Egton 2 miles. An attractive stone-built semi-detached cottage with sea views from all rooms, situated in a quiet rural location on the outskirts of the hamlet of Ugthorpe, 2 miles from Egton.
Created from the conversion of former stables and attached to the owner's farmhouse, this charming property offers spacious and comfortable ground floor accommodation, with interesting features and timbered ceilings.
An airy kitchen/diner leads up small stone steps to a spacious sitting room, with timbered roof and lovely views over the open countryside.
With two delightful garden areas, this is a great place to enjoy a tranquil countryside holiday, within easy reach of the moors, Whitby and the coast.
All ground floor (some internal steps). One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Spacious fitted kitchen with dining area and windows overlooking open countryside. Large sitting room with electric fire, and views over open countryside and the sea.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker (gas hob), microwave, fridge, freezer, TV, DVD, stereo/CD player, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared enclosed rear lawn area and front patio area with furniture, BBQ and pond
- Sorry, no smoking
- Up to three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Owner is willing to walk guests' dogs should they plan a long day out
- Note: Horse riding available at owner's discretion
- Note: This property is not suitable for children under 5.
About the location
Sleights 5 miles; Sandsend 5 miles; Whitby 7 miles.
The village of Egton is set in the heart of the North York Moors. With its pretty sandstone cottages, this charming village is famous for the annual Gooseberry and Agricultural shows held in August. Between them, the villages of Egton and Egton Bridge have four pubs, a shop and garage. Egton Bridge is one of Yorkshire’s prettiest villages, beautifully positioned on the River Esk in a steep sided valley. Visit the famous church of St Hedda with its painted ceiling, walk through the beautiful Arncliffe Woods, or explore the Old Mill and stepping-stones on the Esk. It is also well situated to explore the spectacular North York Moors, Whitby, and the many small fishing villages that dot this part of the coastline. A superb location for a relaxing break.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute