- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
An attractive stone-built, mid-terrace property, situated in the centre of Grosmont, the home of the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, just 5 miles from Whitby.
This former railway worker&
8217;s cottage has been modernised throughout and offers four lovely bedrooms, a spacious kitchen and a cosy sitting room with open fire.
The surrounding area is a haven for nature lovers, with the River Esk and numerous footpaths and bridleways available throughout the beautiful countryside, whilst the village shops, tea rooms and pub are all a stone&
8217;s throw away.
The famous railway, a must for steam enthusiasts, is not to be missed and with easy access to the coast at Whitby, this great base has plenty to offer friends and family alike!
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 3 x single. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- LPG central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV with Sky, DVD, radio/CD player
- Gas, electricity & starter pack of coal for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available
- Roadside parking for 1 car (on first come, first served basis) during off-peak dates
- During peak dates, roadside parking is available between 8pm & 10am only with additional parking available at Grosmont Station 200 yards away, with CCTV, at approx
- £2.50 per 24 hours
- Guests can load/unload at back of property all year round
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 min walk
- Note: This property is accessed by 7 ascending steps
Don’t miss out, sign up today! To receive discounts, exclusive offers, travel tips and guides. We’ll also enter you into our monthly Prize draw. T&C’s Apply
An error occurred, could you double-check your email?
You have subscribed successfully
About the location
Whitby 5 miles.
The pretty village of Grosmont sits at the junction of the River Esk and Murk Esk in the midst of striking Moors scenery. The area is characterised by its narrow roads, steep hills and scenic views over valleys of patchwork fields and wide open expanses of moorland. Grosmont itself lies in the centre of ‘Heartbeat Country’ and is famous for being the home of the North York Moors Steam Railway. The Railway has been preserved and run by enthusiasts since 1973 and today carries upwards of 300,000 passengers a year. The village has a general store, post office, book shop, cafes and a pub. It makes a great base for exploring the many pretty farming villages along the Esk Valley and the wider North York Moors National Park, as well as the small fishing villages along the North Yorkshire Coastline.