- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming detached 18th Century cottage, in an idyllic position on the banks of the River Tweed, just half a mile from the village of Norham, and 7 miles from Berwick.
The spacious and traditional accommodation is finished to a good standard, including a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, a spacious kitchen, and lovely sitting room with open fire, providing a warm and welcoming base for family or friends.
The property sits in a large, attractive garden, and guests can benefit from the propertys&
8217; prime salmon fishing, or take advantage of the many excellent footpaths running from the house and river.
Ideally situated for exploring the Heritage Coast, North Northumberland and the Scottish Borders, this lovely property makes a peaceful and secluded base.Read more
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with ensuite (bath with shower over, basin & WC), 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 3 single beds, each room with basin. Bathroom with bath (shower over), basin & WC. Large kitchen with dining table. Dining room with open fire. Spacious sitting room with open fire. Additional ‘snug’ with colour TV.
- Oil central heating throughout with additional heating from open fire in sitting and dining room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, additional fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, colour TV, video, DVD player, radio/cassette player/CD player etc
- Selection of books/games/DVDs/videos
- Oil, power and initial supply of fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and cot available
- Large garden with furniture and BBQ
- Well-behaved dogs welcome
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Fishing available by prior arrangement at extra cost
- Pub and shops 10 mins walk
About the location
Berwick-upon-Tweed 7 miles.
The historic village of Norham is most famous for its splendid Norman Castle ruins, painted by Turner in 1845. The village has an excellent butcher and bakery, a Post Office, grocer, newsagent and two pubs, with an award-winning restaurant at the Wheatsheaf pub at nearby Swinton. Berwick-upon-Tweed is just 7 miles away, at the northern tip of Northumberland’s beautiful Heritage Coast, boasting many restaurants, cafes, pubs and a nearby links golf course. The Scottish capital of Edinburgh is just 40 minutes by train from Berwick. A superb base for exploring all North Northumberland has to offer.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute