5 Customer Review(s)
“Although having a log/coal fire was very cosy and rustic, maintaining the solid fuel fire could have been a full time job.”
Luckily there was also an electric shower so lack of hot water from the fire not a real issue.
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
A two storey semi-detached cottage situated within the village of Thropton.
Hosting a charming and homely feel, this property makes a perfect place for families or group of friends looking to enjoy a relaxing stay.
Enter inside and you will be welcomed by a warm and cosy sitting area with comfortable seating and a multi-fuel stove.
This is an ideal place to socialise and unwind after a day exploring.
Just off from this, a well equipped kitchen is resting to the side, containing everything you need to prepare your favourite home cooked meals.
Walk up the stairs and a family bedroom holds both a double and single bed with en-suite.
Two steps will take you down to a double bedroom with pretty décor, floral wall art and a view that welcomes in the countryside.
For an extra finish, this is accompanied by a delightful en-suite with a contemporary touch with excellent views of the village and across to the Simonside Hills.
The single bedroom boasts excellent views of the village and across to the Simonside Hills.
Outside you will find a utility room with added facilities for your convenience.
Wander into the village of Thropton, small and peaceful with two excellent pubs.
Nearby Rothbury has a golf course, public tennis court, cycle hire and of course the famous Cragside Hall to explore.
This retreat is a lovely and refreshing place to stay.
Two bedrooms: 1 x family room with 1 x double and 1 x single and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove.
- Central heating fired by multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.9 miles and pub 4 mins walk
- Please note: Some networks have limited phone signal at property
- Note: Please be aware that the central heating is fired by multi-fuel stove, and this will need to be lit by yourself in order to heat the property
- Note:Lawned front garden
- Note: There is also a back garden with furniture, to access this back garden you need to cross the next door neighbour's land ( you have right of access to do this, the neighbour has dogs and guests need to be aware there may be dogs in the 'right of access' area
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Rothbury 2 miles; Alnwick 14 miles.
Thropton in Coquetdale is situated 2 miles west of Rothbury on the north bank of the famous salmon and trout river, the Coquet, and is dominated by the heather clad Simonside Hills. With its relaxing pace, Thropton is the ideal place to take a holiday. The village is accessed via a pretty, single carriage bridge which takes you over the Wreigh Burn and into the village which is small and peaceful with two excellent pubs serving good food and drink, and a village store. The nearby Northumberland National Park and Simonside Hills provide some of the best walking and cycling in the county. Nearby Rothbury has a golf course, public tennis court, cycle hire and of course the famous Cragside Hall to explore. A short drive away there is more history to explore in the delightful castles and endless beaches of the heritage coastline, including, Hadrian’s Wall and Alnwick Castle.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute