“So relaxing”Love the location, it's easy to get to the north and the south side of the reservoir which is great for biking specially if your nervous of cars like me. Lodge is lovely and hot tub is amazing. I like that it is very dark at night, no path lighting which is better for star gazing. I would recommend.Love the location, it's easy to get to the north and the south side of the reservoir which is great for biking specially if your nervous of cars like me. Lodge is lovely and hot tub is amazing. I like that it is very dark at night, no path lighting which is better for star gazing. I would recommend.
- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming single-storey chalet with activities and places to visit within reach.
You enter into the open plan living area with a door leading from this room onto a raised decked veranda with hot tub.
There’s no better way to relax than to step into the hot tub and feel the stress of everyday life slip away.
There’s also three bedrooms at this holiday home, one of which has an en-suite and walk-in wardrobe, and a bathroom completes the accommodation.
An ideal base for a family or friends.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs. 954224 and 954228, together they sleep 16.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars, additional parking available at entrance to park
- Bike storage at farmhouse
- Raised decked veranda with furniture and hot tub, plus shared use of grounds and woodlands
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Property accessed via three steps
- Note: There’s an unadopted road leading to the property
- Note: There is a fishing pond and stream on site, children to be supervised.
About the location
Newcastleton 15 miles; Bellingham 18 miles; Hexham 34 miles.
Kielder village is the most remote village in England and is surrounded by the largest man made forest in Northern Europe, on the edge of the largest man made lake in Northern Europe, Kielder Water. With probably the best ‘dark skies’ in England, and voted as Britain’s most tranquil place by the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England, the area is ideal for outdoor activities. There are many signed walking paths through the forest, with the 26 mile Lakeside Way around the lake, as well as higher level fell walks. There are cycle tracks with different routes to suit a variety of abilities, fishing, horse riding, kayaking, sailing and water skiing. There is an abundance of wildlife in the area with red squirrel, roe deer and many bird species including the Osprey. Hadrian's Wall is just an easy drive away and there are many castles and fortified houses in the area, reminders from the times when the “Border Reivers” raided the Anglo-Scottish border. National Trust properties including Wallington Hall and Cragside are a scenic drive away.