“Excellant location,in spacious, well planned barn conversion.”Excellant value for money, quite and well appointed. Let down by poor cleaning.Excellant value for money, quite and well appointed. Let down by poor cleaning.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful barn conversion situated in the charming village of Clive, 9 miles north of Shrewsbury.
Beautifully clad with timber and local Grinshill stone, this attractive cottage retains a wealth of original features including exposed beams, wall timbers, oak and stone flagged floors and a warming woodburning stove.
The property offers quality accommodation, with a small but lovely garden, perfect for dining alfresco.
The village has a pub, and nearby Grinshill boasts an excellent pub and restaurant and an array of Jacobean and Georgian architecture.
The surrounding Shropshire countryside offers excellent walking and cycling, whilst historic Shrewsbury and the delightful Ellesmere Lakes are within easy reach.
A charming holiday home in a stunning area.Read more
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite (shower cubicle, basin and WC), 1 x double (accessed via 4 steps down). Bathroom with bath with hand held shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburner and French windows leading to garden.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Stoves Newhome dual fuel cooker with electric double oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD player
- Telephone for outgoing calls (with honesty box)
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden, two decked patio areas and garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets or smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub/restaurant 1.1 miles
- Note: Access between kitchen and dining room has limited head room.
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Ellesmere Lakes 10 miles.
The picturesque village of Clive centres around the charming manor house of Clive Hall, situated on the steep wooded slopes of Grinshill, 9 miles from medieval Shrewsbury. This stunning area, famous for its ancient mines and beautiful natural stone production boasts numerous scenic walks and cycle routes, all with stunning views of the nearby Welsh mountain peaks. Historic Shrewsbury, located on the banks of the River Severn, boasts a wealth of timber framed, black and white buildings in addition to its fine selection of shops, restaurants and pubs. Shrewsbury Abbey, founded in 1083 and famous for being the home of the fictional Brother Cadfael, is well worth a visit, as is Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive building set in beautiful gardens and housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum. A great holiday location at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute