- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A lovely, semi-detached cottage set on a cobbled path in the pretty village of Youlgreave, between the main village and the dale, with views over some beautiful countryside and down towards the river.
Warm and welcoming throughout, and providing cosy accommodation, this Youlgreave cottage is just the spot to escape the strains of life in this beautiful part of the Peak District.
With pretty views from all aspects of this Youlgreave cottage, the accommodation will charm all year round, with a warming open fire to keep you especially cosy after a day of exploration.
Outside this Youlgreave cottage is a lovely patio garden to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet of a traditional Derbyshire village.
Youlgreave offers a small shop and Post Office, and has a number of good pubs serving food, while a larger range of amenities are available in the nearby market town of Bakewell.
From this Youlgreave cottage, wonderful walking and cycling can be enjoyed in the Peak District National Park, along with the Monsal Trail and High Peak Trail, both of which are traffic-free routes.
With the magnificent Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall also within driving distance, this Youlgreave cottage is the perfect cosy spot at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x 4' double (access from one side only). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining table and open fire. External utility.
- Electric heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer in external utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking on a first come, first served basis approx
- 2 mins walk up steep, cobbled hill
- Front patio garden with seating
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk
- Note: After parking, property is accessed up steep cobbled path, so care should be taken and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: There is a low wall in the garden so children and dogs should be supervised at all times.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Bakewell 4 miles.
Surrounded by stunning countryside, the Historic village of Youlgrave winds its way along a narrow limestone shelf, situated between two of the area's loveliest valleys - Lathkill Dale to the north and Bradford Dale to the south. Once the centre of Derbyshire's lead-mining industry, this charming village now plays home to three pubs, all serving Home Cooked food, two shops (one with a Post Office) and a delightful medieval church. The attractive market town of Bakewell is nearby and offers a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as a weekly local market. With the whole of the Peak District National Park on the doorstep, many stately homes to visit including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall, Clake Abbey offering a great day out. Alton Towers, Britain's premier theme park, is just a short drive away, this great area has plenty to offer!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute