A cosy 250 year-old stone cottage, one of six traditional cottages located on the owner’s working mixed farm, on the outskirts of Hepworth, just two miles from Holmfirth.
This delightful Hepworth cottage provides an ideal base for family and friends to get away from it all and enjoy this beautiful and historic corner of the Yorkshire Dales.
This Holmfirth cottage is an excellent country retreat with character features including wooden floors, old beams, stone mullions, exposed stonework and a cosy gas stove set in a lovely stone fire surround.
It comprises a spacious open plan living room with dining area and an adjoining well-equipped kitchen.
Outside, guests can enjoy the lovely garden and patio and the varied and interesting walks that trail from the doorstep.
Guests enjoy free use of the owner's superb indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room, and can book their own time for use of the facilities.
Children are welcome to help on the farm and visit the hens, pigs, sheep, cows and other animals or enjoy the nearby playground.
The lovely surroundings ensure visitors have all the makings for a relaxing, enjoyable holiday.
This Hepworth cottage is in the ideal position for visiting both the Yorkshire Dales and Peak District National Parks, and the amenities of Huddersfield and Holmfirth are also nearby, ensuring this welcoming Yorkshire cottage is well situated for visitors of all ages to have all the ingredients for a fabulous holiday.
Note: This cottage is close to Ref. 1883, together they sleep 12.
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x children's bunks
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Separate WC
- Sitting room with dining area.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, shared use of on-site washing machine and tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Use of owner’s indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room by arrangement
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed, lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub/restaurant 10 mins walk
- Note: The swimming pool is 12.5m x 6.5m and up to 1.45m deep
- It is open from 9am - 9:30pm each day, and the owner guarantees guests a 75 minute slot each day by prior arrangement, which during peak times may be shared with one other cottage.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Holmfirth 2 miles; Glossop 16 miles.
The old traditional Pennine village of Hepworth is situated in the heart of the beautiful Holme Valley, on the edge of the West Yorkshire Pennines.
Mentioned in the Doomsday Book, the village is made up of lovely old stone cottages, a beautiful church and excellent pubs, restaurants and cafes.
The village has many traditions including the centuries old Hepworth Feast, which commemorates the end of the Great Plague in Hepworth and is held annually on the last Monday in June.
Hepworth along with its nearby neighbour Holmfirth, will be remembered by most as being the home of Compo, Cleggy and Nora Batty, from the long running comedy series 'Last of the Summer Wine', whilst the nearby Colne Valley is home to the fictional 'Skelthwaite' from the successful TV series 'Where the Heart Is'.
A lovely area steeped in history where visitors always enjoy the genuine hospitality of a thriving local community..
Note: Property accepts max. 7 (inc. infants) with no more than max. 4 adults.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute