“An excellent location and a ...”An excellent location and a beautiful property full of character.An excellent location and a beautiful property full of character.
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A fabulous, 17th century, stone-built, semi-detached house, just a short walk from the centre of the pretty town of Matlock, on the edge of the beautiful and unspoilt Peak District National Park.
A grand alternative to the usual Peak District cottages, Bank House offers very comfortable accommodation of immense warmth and character, including a beamed sitting room with inglenook fireplace, antique furniture and window seat, and an elegant dining room with wooden floors and a magnificent oak-panelled wall.
The well-equipped kitchen leads out to a spacious decked area with elevated garden, a great place for relaxing after a day exploring this delightful area.
This is an ideal base from which to explore the region's many attractions, including Chatsworth House and Carsington Water and sailing club.
A wonderful Matlock cottage in a great location!
Note: This cottage is next to Ref. 3546 and together they accommodate 8.Read more
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with basin), 1 x twin. Bathroom with corner bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. Ground floor cloakroom with basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburner-effect gas stove.
- Gas central heating with gas stove in sitting room
- Gas oven & hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine (in cloakroom), TV, DVD, stereo/CD, library of books, games, DVDs
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car with roadside parking available in surrounding roads on a first come, first served basis & several public car parks within 30 yards of property (some at extra cost)
- Garden with decked area, furniture & BBQ
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop, pub & restaurants within 2 mins walk
- Note: A railway line runs next to the property, with infrequent trains.
About the location
Matlock Bath 1 mile; Bakewell 8 miles.
The popular Peak District town of Matlock, together with its neighbour, Matlock Bath, has been attracting visitors to the area since the spa was developed in the late 17th century. Set in the beautiful wooded gorge of the River Derwent, the Matlocks offer a range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as a host of attractions including Gulliver’s Kingdom and the Peak District Mining Museum. Magnificent views down the gorge can be enjoyed from the cable car which takes visitors up to the Heights of Abraham – a great place for all the family with its showcaves, nature trail, water gardens and Owl Maze. South of the town is the start of the High Peak Cycle Trail, whilst a short drive away is the National Tramway Museum at Crich. To the north are the market town of Bakewell and Chatsworth House and Park - not to be missed!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute