“Staying in River view Cottage was ...”Staying in River view Cottage was like home from home. Clean, comfortable, everything we wanted. Kay and Nick were welcoming hosts and the welcome pack on arrival, (including chocolates), was unexpected. Ideal for a quiet holiday and sightseeing in the Derbyshire Peak District and the Staffordshire Moorlands. No nightlife, casinos, discos, just peace perfect peace and glorious scenery. Plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby serving real ales and good food. Best cottage we have stayed in.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful single-storey, self-contained wing of the owner's detached home, set in open countryside near the tiny hamlet of Calwich, 3 miles from Ashbourne.
Lovingly restored, River View offers cosy ground floor accommodation and is very well presented, including a bright and airy open plan living area, cosy bedroom and small front patio for enjoying the views over the river and countryside.
River View is ideally placed for the many local walks, cycle routes and attractions of the area, including nearby Ashbourne, with its fine antiques stores, cobbled streets and variety of pubs and restaurants.
All ground floor. One cosy double bedroom. Shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Open plan living area with small, well-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Electric storage heaters with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV, video player, DVD player, radio/CD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Front patio area with garden furniture and BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 minutes' walk
- Note: The owner runs a small caravan site within her grounds, approx
- 200 metres from River View
- Note: The patio area which leads to the property is accessed by 6 ascending steps
- Note: This property does not accept infants or guests under 18 years.
About the location
Ashbourne 3 miles.
The small hamlet of Calwich lies peacefully at the southern end of the Peak District National Park, amidst stunning scenery and offers great walking and cycling opportunities. The nearby market town of Ashbourne with its eccentric street plan, narrow cobbled alleys and quaint coaching inns is something of a haven for antique hunters, offering many great stores, as well as a variety of good pubs and restaurants. The Dove and Manifold Valleys are also close by, and both Carsington Water and Alton Towers are within a 20 minute drive, making this a great location for relaxation and enjoyment all year round.
Note: This property does not accept infants or guests under 18 years.