- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Reviews & Ratings
3 Customer Reviews
"Great house, lovely location."
Beautiful village. Good location for seeing all along the coastline.
"The cottage was just as we expected."
Clean and the fogging gave us peace of mind as my husband is shielding. Loved the hot tub. Kitchen was very well equipped and I really loved our holiday to Laugharne and the surrounding area. Would definitely come back.
"Brilliant family holiday, loved the area, loved the property and loved the time spent there."
- Four bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x bunk
- Bathroom with roll-top bath, hand-held shower, walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Utility/cloakroom with basin and WC
- Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumbler dryer
- Smart TV with Chrome Cast, DVD player and WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent with separate towels provided for the hot tub
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Private off road parking for one car
- Multi-level lawned and patio area with furniture and dining table seating 8 people, barbecue and hot tub
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 300 yards
- Note: Check in 6pm, check out 9am
- Note: Please call Sykes Cottages if you wish to book a short break and we will then contact the owner for a price. Note from Owners: We hope you are all keeping well in these unusual times
- Due to COVID-19, we as owners have had to look at a lot of different aspects of our holiday lets, to ensure our guests are as safe as possible while on holiday with us
- We have been working with our cleaning company and have had to make some changes during COVID-19. Due to the deep clean, our property will undergo between each let along with the recommended "Fogging" * our check-in times and check out times have had to be changed. We also have removed all non-essential soft furnishings, books, and games from the cottage. We will also be asking our guests to strip the beds including mattress and pillow protectors and place them in a bag provided, along with towels and tea towels. We are supplying disposable gloves, anti-bac wipes and hand wash
- for your additional safety. We have removed the holiday information folder and will supply a PDF copy to your email prior to your arrival. I thank you for your understanding at this time and hope you appreciate as holiday homeowners your best interests are our major concern. Stay safe, thank you for your time.
Chandlers Cottage is a stunning holiday cottage set right in the heart of Dylan Thomas’ Laugharne.
In an area famous for its connections to renowned poet Dylan Thomas, this property is well-placed for those looking to explore its rich heritage and magnificent coastal scenery. Having been lovingly and beautifully restored, the owner has expertly kept some of the property’s original charm, mixing the contemporary furnishings with bright décor.
Boasting the added highlight of a hot tub to relax in, this is a truly exceptional base for your next holiday to Wales. Step into the wonderfully spacious kitchen/dining room which boasts high ceilings, wooden floors and a bespoke fitted kitchen with central island, completed by a range of Smeg appliances for some home-cooking which can be enjoyed around the medieval style refectory dining table. Enter the stylish and comfortable sitting room featuring a woodburning stove for that extra bit of warmth on a chillier evening; here you can snuggle up to your loved ones on the sofas and let the Smart TV, with DVD player and Chrome Cast, provide the entertainment for the evening, with a large number or DVDs, books and a chest of games available for you to enjoy.
Stairs lead up to the luxurious bedrooms, decorated in warm rich tones with white Egyptian cotton bedding.
Set up as two doubles, one of which provides an en-suite, a twin and bunk room, each bedroom has a TV, and dressing gowns are provided in the main bedrooms.
Continuing to impress, the first floor benefits from a family bathroom, fully equipped with a roll-top bath, hand-held shower and walk-in shower to suit all types of guests.
Downstairs, french doors open to the rear terraced garden where you can enjoy a soak in the hot tub or a summer’s evening barbecue around the lovely dining table with seating for 8.
Steps lead up to a terraced lawn and then up to the rear parking, from here you can see the Castle ruins.
This town is not just known as being the home of writers like Dylan Thomas, Laugharne was also a filming location for the popular TV series Keeping Faith. This thriving community set on the banks of the river Taff is rich in flora and fauna, walking enthusiasts will love exploring this coastal estuary in the shadow of Laugharne’s medieval Castle ruins.
You can follow in the footsteps of the literary master by visiting the Dylan Thomas Writing Shed, known for being the location where many of his best known works were written.
Located above the family home and overlooking the Tâf estuary, this attraction is well-worth a trip to, particularly for lovers of his poetry.
Laugharne Castle dates back to the 12th century and is a stunning representation of medieval architecture.
Conveniently situated, the property is an ideal base from which to explore all that Carmarthen, known as the garden of Wales, has to offer with its Botanical Gardens, Ffos Las Race Course, Pembrey Country Park with its sandy beach and of course the beautiful Pendine beach nearby, yet Pembrokeshire is easily accessible with its blue flag beaches of Amroth, Saundersfoot and Tenby, all within the Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park and enjoyed on foot via the Coastal Path only a 20 minute drive away.
Chandlers Cottage is an idyllic cottage located on the coast of Wales for family and friends to enjoy any time of the year.
About the location
Tenby 16 miles.
Laugharne, with its majestic castle standing on a low ridge overlooking the wide Taf River Estuary, is famous for its associations with the poet Dylan Thomas, and a visit to his Boat House and the writing shed where he wrote most of his works is a wonderful experience. Beautiful walks in and around the castle, with breathtaking views of the estuary, can be followed by cream teas in quaint little tea rooms, a drink in the local pub or shopping in the gift shops and mini market. The nearby sandy beach at Pendine is where many land speed records have been famously set on its seven mile stretch of beautiful flat sand, and a little further afield are the seaside resorts of Tenby and Saundersfoot. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks: