“Only one criticism was the double bed was extremely creaky haha other than that everything was great”
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A quaint cosy cottage, named after the colloquial terms for boats in the harbour, in the heart of the popular village of Pembrey, close to the popular Pembrey Country Park with miles and miles of golden sand, horse riding, bike trails and tobogganing.
A perfect base for friends or a small family looking for somewhere cosy from which to explore the fantastic coast of South Wales with great opportunities for a myriad of outdoor activities.
There are two cosy bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor.
There is a well-equipped kitchen with dining area opening out onto the small enclosed courtyard, a comfy sitting area enabling you to relax after a day exploring the fabulous nearby Pembrey County Park and miles of sandy beaches.
Outside, you can sit in the enclosed patio garden or perhaps relax with a glass of something cool and enjoy the changing colours of the evening sky from the bench at the front of the property with distant views across to the coastline.
Take day trips to local sandy beaches, ride or walk along the superb coastal cycle path or try some dry slope skiing.
There are many castles in the area to visit, take a steam railway ride or maybe enjoy a day at the races at Ffos Las.
A round of golf on nearby courses is an option for the more energetic.
All in all, a superb location for your family holiday.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting Room with electric woodburner effect stove.
- Gas central heating with electric woodburner effect stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 small car, additional roadside parking available locally and public car park 3 minute walk away
- Enclosed rear courtyard and elevated lawned garden to the front
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Pub and shop 2 mins walk
- Beach 10 mins walk
- Note: Property has 3 steps down to main bedroom and 2 steps from the sitting room to the kitchen
- Note: Property is on the main A484, there may be some associated road noise, especially at busy times
- Note: Easy access to cottage at the rear but front entrance is up 4 steps and up a sloping cobbled path which can be slippery in wet weather.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Kidwelly 4 miles; Llanelli 5 miles; Carmarthen 13 miles.
Pembrey is a small village on the main road between Carmarthen and Llanelli and right on the beautiful Welsh coastline. It has a shop, Post Office, pottery shop and choice of village pubs. The outstanding Pembrey Country Park has 202 hectares of glorious parkland and one of the best sandy beaches in Wales. The Millennium Cycle Path runs all along this beautiful coastline for cyclists and walkers alike to discover one of the most scenic routes in Wales. The superb dry ski slope is great fun as is the nearby race track which is one of only two racing circuits in Wales. Just five miles away is Llanelli, which offers a great range of out of town shopping, a modern cinema, theatre and leisure centre. The town also boasts a Nicklaus designed modern links golf course. The harbour, sandy beach and fine golf course at nearby Burry Port offer more fun filled days out. Watch the Scarlets' rugby matches, horse racing at Ffos Las or enjoy shopping days in Carmarthen, which has a great selection of high street shops, unique little boutiques, cafes, pubs and a cinema. Pembrey has so much to offer, you will be spoilt for choice.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute