- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Reviews & Ratings
7 Customer Reviews
"We absolutely loved the stay in your cottage."
So comfortable and easy to find what we needed. The weather was a bit chilly for our trip, but the home was warm and a lovely space to relax in after being outdoors. Thank you
So glad you enjoyed your stay - we love it and West Wales too! Property Owner
"The accommodation was excellent - Spacious & well-equipped with a wonderful outside covered area where you could sit and enjoy the sunset."
Very comfortable beds. Plentiful parking.
"Glan Helyg The house was warm, comfortable, well equipped."
spotlessly clean . and i would recommend it. we would definitely love to use it again. Thank you B and E Bateman and D Treacy
"Lovely house, ideal location for pubs shops and walks, excellent kitchen and bathroom facilities and more than enough room for everyone."
"I have been holidaying at the cottage for over 10 years and really enjoy it It is just perfect for our family ."
Just a small point maybe look at the kitchen utensils The glasses e.g wine could do with updating --very small but maybe it's just me ! Hope to be back next year -thank you
"Very pleased with the location, the ambience and the well equipped the kitchen."
Upset by Sykes initial approach to Covid, however you redeemed yourselves.
"We had a wonderful week at this beautiful, very well equipped house."
The only thing we would have liked were more relaxing chairs in the garden for when we were too idle to go to the beach.
This property is part of the Coast & Country Holidays collection.
Over 150 carefully selected and perfectly located properties, helping you create your perfect holiday.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x Ground Floor King Size Double, 1 x Ground Floor Twin, 1 x First Floor King Size Double and en-suite Shower Room with separate shower, basin & WC, 1 x First Floor King Size Double
- First Floor Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC
- Ground Floor Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC
- Ground Floor Shower Room with separate shower, basin & WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting Room
- Utility Room
- Gas central heating
- Double oven, grill and gas hob, microwave, fridge, separate freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer in utility room, TV, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Wooden cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for four cars
- Storage for bikes and surfboards at rear of property
- Secluded and enclosed lawn, garden with decking, table, chairs and BBQ
- One well behaved dog welcome (additional charge applies)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk, coast 10 mins walk
- Note: Please bring your own towels, including beach towels, plus cot linen
- Note: Pet must be restricted to the kitchen, dining and sitting rooms
- Note: Both pair of gates on the way into the property to be kept closed at all times
Glan Helyg is a superb, spacious detached property, close to the heart of Newport and is perfect for families or a group of friends. Newport’s excellent range of eateries, pubs and individual shops are close by and a five minute walk to Parrog beach, the Nevern estuary and the coast path. The larger beach of Newport Sands - Traeth Mawr - is within walking distance via the iron bridge and is backed by Newport’s 18-hole golf course. Behind Newport is Carningli Mountain where from the top, wonderful views of Newport Bay, the Preseli Hills and even Ireland on a clear day, can be seen. The coastal shuttle bus can be caught in the town, enabling walkers to tackle a different stretch of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path every day if desired.
In fact, once guests have arrived, they could forget about using their car for the rest of their stay.
About the location
Fishguard 7 miles; Cardigan 10 miles.
Newport is a beautiful coastal town in Pembrokeshire, south west Wales lying on the River Nevern with a selection of shops, pubs, tea rooms, plus an excellent golf course overlooking the sea as well as a lovely sheltered harbour. Newport lies on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path which is renowned worldwide for its unique landscape and wonderful opportunities to go dolphin and seal spotting. Wonderful coastal walks along the path or in the nearby Preseli Hills with the ever changing scenery are a walkers dream all year round. Learn about history when you visit the mills, craft centres and castles dotted around the county or spend a day at the wonderful Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort where you can learn hands on all about living during that time. See the majestic Shire Horses at the Shire Horse Farm or spend relaxing days on the huge choice of beautiful sandy beaches. All year round this is a perfect location for all the family.
Note: Please bring your own towels, including beach towels, plus cot linen.
Note: Pet must be restricted to the kitchen, dining and sitting rooms.
Note: Both pair of gates on the way into the property to be kept closed at all times.