Monmouth 3.5 miles. These former farm buildings have been converted into two desirable holiday cottages in the most peaceful surroundings. Set along a quiet country lane on a working farm, with superb countryside and woodland views, both cottages near Monmouth offer unique individual accommodation which has been lovingly created by the owners. With private gardens and their own entrances, these Monmouth cottages are ideal booked individually, or together for larger groups, and with their rural location, they're perfect for lovers of the countryside who will appreciate the peace and tranquility of this location. With all bedrooms offering en-suite facilities, and the main accommodation boasting lovely woodburners, character beams, underfloor heating and high quality furnishings and decor, these Monmouth cottages are an absolute delight. And, with the underfloor heating powered by the owners' own biomass boiler running on locally-sourced woodchips, and all daytime electricity supplied from their own large display of solar panels, this is an excellent eco-friendly choice for a Monmouth cottage holiday. Relaxing times will be enjoyed by all at these Monmouth cottages, but do take advantage of the wonderful scenic walks and cycle rides from the doorstep, along Offa's Dyke. Or, visit the Forest of Dean, venture onto the Brecon Beacons, explore nearby Monmouth, try some canoeing, fishing or discover the array of historic castles scattered around the area. Whatever you do during your busy days out you will be delighted to return to your Monmouth cottage for homely meals and time together.
A remarkable semi-detached barn conversion in peaceful countryside, a wonderful Monmouth cottage which the owner has specifically converted to accommodate the less mobile.
From the unloading area close to the cottage and the under-cover parking to the inclusion of a wet room, wide doorways and plenty of room for a wheelchair, this Monmouth cottage is an absolute delight for less mobile guests.
The open plan living space has a high apex ceiling, and patio doors with sunshine flooding in during warmer months or the woodburner in winter make this a warm and welcoming room all year round.
The bedroom and wet room complete the superb accommodation in this Monmouth cottage, which is surely one of the most comfortable available in this wonderful part of Wales.
This Monmouth cottage is perfectly located for Offa's Dyke, the Forest of Dean, Brecon Beacons and the busy town of Monmouth.
Note: This property is next to Ref. 904408, together they sleep 14.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom with TV and en-suite wet room with walk-in shower, basin and WC (Jack-and-Jill access from living area). Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed and woodburner.
- Eco friendly underfloor heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private patio with furniture
- One well behaved large dog allowed, or two well behaved small dogs
- No smoking
- Shop 3.5 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: Property has ramps, wet room and wide doors, suitable for less mobile and wheelchair users
- Please contact the owner for any specific requirements
- Note: Owners can offer kennels outside for guests
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: Hot tub available via prior arrangement with owner at additional cost (standard tub 4-6 adults w/e £154 or weekly cost £194, large tub 6-8 adults w/e cost £184 or weekly cost £224
- Prices include delivery, installation ,gazebo, lights, water and electric.) Note: This property has a £100 Good Housekeeping bond which Sykes have authorisation to take costs out up to 7 days of your departure if there are reported issues.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Ross-on-Wye 10 miles; Usk, 14.5 miles; Abergavenny 18.5 miles.
An intriguing market town on the border between Wales and England and close to the exceptional Offa’s Dyke, this wonderful town combines old and new, from the old castle ruins to the vibrant weekly market. Located at the confluence of 3 rivers – the Wye, the Monnow and the Trothy, it is an excellent base to enjoy river boating, scenic walks and a little shopping too, or to sit and relax on the edge of the river and watch the rowers who regularly race and practise their skills. Monmouth is most famous as the birthplace of Henry V and offers the opportunity to see historic buildings, the preserved medieval 13th century bridge over the river Monnow (the only one of its kind in Britain) and the famous Nelson Garden. This is truly a small town with a huge array of interesting sights to visit. The surrounding areas are steeped in history too and short drives will take you to nearby Usk, Abergavenny, Ross-on-Wye and even into the spectacular Brecon Beacons, Forest of Dean and Wye Valley. A perfect location with so much to see for all ages.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute