- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A stone-built, double-glazed detached barn conversion situated in the heart of the pretty little village of Carlton-in-Coverdale, just 5 miles from Leyburn.
From the idyllic little conservatory to the warm and snug sitting room with its open fire, the accommodation at this Carlton-in-Coverdale cottage is a real delight.
Maintaining many of the original features, the owners have taken a real pride in decorating and furnishing the interior.
This Dales cottage is an outstanding holiday home, boasting a well-established garden running down to the edge of a pretty stream, a lovely south-facing patio, delightful views of the surrounding fells and accommodation of the highest standard.
A first class base to be enjoyed at any time of the year, with a choice of easy and more demanding walks from the doorstep, plus there is a thriving community owned pub, which serves excellent food just a few minutes' walk away, and the lovely old villages and towns of Middleham, Kettlewell and Buckden are all within a short drive.Read more
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Conservatory.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, community-owned pub serving food 3 mins walk
- Note: The conservatory is unheated
- Note: There is a drop from the end of the garden into a stream, children should be supervised
- Note: Carlton-in-Coverdale and the property are supplied via spring water, which is monitored by the village water committee
About the location
Leyburn 5 miles.
The attractive and traditional old village of Carlton-in-Coverdale lies in one of the Yorkshire Dales’ best kept secrets, Coverdale, a narrow valley flanked by imposing fells, historically dating back to the old mines and packhorse trails. The village is made up of traditional old stone built dwellings, a few farms and guest houses. Nearby Middleham is a lovely old village best known for its famous racing stables, the 'Gallops' and its Norman Castle which dates back to 1190, plus there are also several pubs, restaurants and a cafe here. Towards the south lies the equally famous village of Kettlewell with its pretty centre, two lovely old pubs and the River Wharfe winding its way down through the dale. Nearby is the Forbidden Corner, one of the Yorkshire Dales' most intriguing attractions.