- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
York 6 miles.
This is a modern semi-detached property situated within the grounds of Swallow Hall Golf Club, just six miles from the historic city of York.
Offering single-storey accommodation, this cottage near York is well placed for those wishing to explore the pretty nearby market towns, the gentle surrounding countryside and the many attractions York has to offer.
With an open plan living area, this cottage near York has been furnished and decorated in a contemporary style, providing a light and fresh feel, with a modern kitchen with breakfast bar and a comfortable sitting area.
Two tasteful bedrooms and a bathroom complete this cottage near York, whilst outside, the lawn and patio overlook the golf course.
Guests staying at this cottage near York have free access to the on-site tennis court and can partake in a game of golf at subsidised rates.
Close by, walks can be taken on the forestry commission land, whilst a little further afield lie the gently rolling hills of the Vale of York and the Yorkshire Wolds.
A few minutes’ drive brings you to the centre of York, with its narrow cobbled streets and Elizabethan architecture.
A must is a visit to its famous Minster and the Jorvik Viking Centre where guests are taken underground to sample life as a Viking!
Why not take a walk around the city walls, or for culture lovers, there are numerous theatres and museums?
With excellent restaurants and plenty of retail therapy, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
A well-placed cottage near York for an enjoyable break any time of the year.
Note: This cottage is attached to Ref.
904788, together they sleep 8.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, breakfast bar and sitting area with electric fire.
Electric storage heaters with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Front lawned garden and patio with furniture. On-site tennis and golf. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. For larger parties this may be booked together with property reference: 904788 Swallow Hall.
- Last minute
- “The Granary is a very comfortable place to stay. Everything is of good quality. It is extremely quiet and there is a lovely walk through Forestry Commission woods nearby. It is only a short drive to the nearest Park and Ride into York. We had stayed here many years ago which was good then. However it has been brought up to today's standards.”
- “Excellent accommodation, site and location. A very rural area away from traffic. The ideal location to visit many places of interest within easy travelling distance. It rates as a place for a return visit.”
- “One of the best cottages I have stayed in, it was really lovely. The milk and the cream cake was a very lovely gesture. And the owner was so understanding when we told her we had lost the keys (found them again!). Thank you it was great.”
- “This cottage is set on a golf course which is very picturesque and quiet. The owners are the most friendly people you could wish to meet, they were very helpful and obliging. The cottage was equipped to a very high standard, and tastefully decorated. I would recommend this cottage to anyone and would return in the future.”
- “Friendly people, peaceful and beautiful surroundings, spacious accommodation with homely touches to the decor, enjoyed our stay there, would certainly book again.”
- “The restful setting of the accommodation but with easy access to major roads. Park and ride for York was within a 10 minute drive. The furnishing of the cottage had been well thought out & tasteful and the owners were friendly and helpful. Also, the welcome pack was very nice and a surprise. If we travel to that area again we would certainly try to book The Granary.”
- “The ambiance of the whole complex was great. The property was very near to York and therefore the roads networks were close by for our day trips. We had a dog with us and there were plenty of places to take him round the complex. We asked for a black bag for dog waste bags and this was provided no problem. We have recommended this cottage to our friends and family.”
- “Great bungalow in a nice quiet location. The walks around the golf course in the early evening were particularly pleasant. The house is very handily situated for access to York too.”
- “The owners were very nice helpful people. We had a good holiday, nice walks in the forest although we do not play the Golf course was a lovely surround to the cottage.”
About the location
Harrogate 24 miles; Leeds 30 miles.
The city of York needs no recommendation, for it teems with interest for the holidaymaker: the Minster, its medieval walls, boat trips on the River Ouse, York Races, museums (including the famous National Railway Museum and the Castle Museum), and the internationally-renowned Jorvik Viking Centre and its "time trip" experience. Summer and winter, there is something to fascinate the whole family. Explore York’s quaint streets and hidden corners, or take an excursion further afield to the Dales, Moors or the coastal resorts of Scarborough, Whitby and Filey. Yorkshire is rich in stately homes, with Harewood House and Castle Howard just two of several within an hour’s drive. A cycling city boasting two theatres, character pubs and great shopping, York has it all.