- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Kincraig 1 mile.
An appealing and unusual detached property in the isolated hamlet of Farr, 1 mile from the village of Kincraig, between Kingussie and Aviemore.
In an elevated position overlooking Loch Insh on one side and with magnificent views of the Cairngorms from the other, this welcoming and extremely well equipped cottage offers superb accommodation, with an open fire and well placed windows to afford easy viewing of the plethora of bird and wildlife on the doorstep, including red squirrels, pine martins and ospreys.
Sit and relax in the fabulous hot tub or enjoy outdoor activities in the Cairngorms National Park, relax in the wonderful surroundings or tour the area's many attractions and trails.
Katchana is the perfect base.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with TV and 1 x adult bunks & pull-out stacker bed (can be single or double). Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Well-equipped kitchen with small breakfast area. Dining room. Large sitting room with double sofa bed, open fire & large windows with loch views. Hot tub. Note: Third bedroom is suitable for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children or 4 children, additional sofa bed available in sitting room. Note: Property is on a hill & can be accessed at ground floor level, with a ramped path suitable for wheelchairs, or via steps at bottom of hill.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TV's (one with HD, Sky+ with family pack and sports with catch up TV and box sets.), video, DVD, CD, WiFi, small library of books/DVDs/games
- Electricity & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Secure storage for bikes/skis etc
- Well-established garden with furniture and hot tub
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Up to 3 additional pets welcome at £25 per pet, per holiday
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £250.
About the location
Aviemore 6 miles; Inverness 40 miles.
Kincraig is an attractive Highland village midway between Kingussie and Aviemore, which is the hub of the skiing industry in Britain. Close to Loch Insh and Glenfeshie, in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park and with the Cairngorm Mountains as a backdrop, Kincraig offers an unrivalled choice of activities and pursuits for all ages and abilities all year round. Enjoy walking or climbing, fishing, riding, cycling or the watersports at Loch Insh where equipment hire and instruction is available. A wide variety of birds can be seen from the RSPB hide overlooking the flood plains of the Insh Marshes Reserve and at the nearby Highland Wildlife Park wolves, bison, red pandas, wildcats and arctic foxes can be seen.
Note: No stag/hen or similar.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute