- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A spectacular, detached cottage set on the quiet outskirts of Chesterfield in Derbyshire.
Luxurious throughout and providing modern, spacious accommodation, this Chesterfield cottage sits in approximately 2 acres of enclosed grounds, and is perfect for large families or groups of friends wishing to discover the wonders of the Peak District.
Set solely over the ground floor, this Chesterfield cottage is ideal for guests with limited mobility, and oozing with comfort and luxury, it offers five delightful bedrooms, including one king-size with an en-suite, two doubles, one with an en-suite, and two twins, one with an en-suite.
A large kitchen is perfect for preparing delicious home-cooked meals, which can be enjoyed in the family dining room with a bottle of wine as you reminisce the day's adventures.
Curl up in front of the welcoming woodburning stove in the lovely, airy sitting room, the perfect spot to retire to after a day out exploring the Peak District.
French doors lead outside to large, luscious, enclosed gardens with furniture and a children's play area.
With plenty of places for the kids to run around and explore, you can sit back and relax with a glass of wine and soak up the summer sunshine!
Chesterfield is a charming town with its narrow, winding streets and array of shops and restaurants to enjoy.
Marvel at its 14th century "Crooked Spire" church and peruse its popular outdoor market, open four days a week.
Bolsover Castle and Hardwick Hall are an easy drive away, making for wonderful days out, whilst the beautiful Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are waiting to be discovered.
The Peak District plays host to a charming selection of pretty towns and villages, not forgetting the many walks and pretty cycle paths.
This Chesterfield cottage is the perfect base for a truly memorable holiday, all year round!
All ground floor. Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 2 x double (one with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC), 2 x twin (one with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC). Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower, basin and WC. Wet room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Dining Room. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Study. Gym with weights, treadmill and multi-gym.
Electric underfloor heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in the rent. Additional fuel for stove available to purchase locally. Bed linen and towels inc. in the rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 5 cars. Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear with furniture, patio, BBQ and children's play area. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Property has electric gates and CCTV. Note: This cottage has level access and wide doorways, may be suitable for wheelchair users, please contact the owner for additional information.
- Last minute
- “We were so impressed with the property that we have already booked again for next year. An absolutely superb property, would recommend to anyone. It was great for couples, groups and families.”
- “Manor House was even better than it looked in the pictures. It was extremely spacious, welcoming, spotlessly clean and comfortable; well-equipped too, and with a very large garden. Everything being housed on one floor suited us fine and the configuration of the five bedrooms and five luxurious bath/shower rooms was perfect. All in all, a perfect holiday home which we would definitely recommend.”
- “Went for a family weekend away and Manor House exceeded our expectations. The photos don't really do justice to the house or grounds. There were 10 of us but there was more than enough space for adults and children. Everything was of a high specification and we could happily recommend this beautiful property.”
- “A great family holiday, the location is perfect for local attractions and amenities, only wish we could have stayed longer.”
- “Fantastic property and garden. Every room was very well equipped and big, all the bathrooms were lovely.”
- “Property was excellent. Exceeded expectations. There was plenty of space for 10 of us. All to very high spec. Good for large groups.”
- “A beautiful property in a lovely setting with rural views all around. Had a huge hall, living room, kitchen and master bedroom suite. Outside table & chairs were lovely. Property was secluded and safe (electric gates, burglar alarm and security camera) although easily accessible.”
- “The house is fabulous, so much so we didn't need to venture out much at all. Although we did do some sight seeing in Chesterfield and Matlock Baths. The play area in the garden was lovely for the grandchildren and when there cousins visited us for the day a good time was had by all, finished off with a BBQ in the evening. We chose this particular house for our large family holiday and the accessibility for my wheelchair bound husband, with several wet room bathrooms was wonderful too. We used the one by the gym as we had the twin bedded room.”
About the location
Matlock 10 miles; Bakewell 13 miles.
The historic market town of Chesterfield acts as the gateway to the Peak District, and has much to offer visitors. The town is famous for its 14th Century church with "Crooked Spire", twisting curiously from its true centre, while the frequent bustling market days are ideal for exploring the many different specialist shops and stalls which line the old Market Hall and charming Shambles beyond. The town also boasts Queens Park, with its boating lake, walks and summer bandstand, as well as a museum and theatre. Nearby, the Elizabethan Hardwick Hall is still impressive today, with its 6 grand towers elaborately monogramed with Bess of Hardwick’s initials, overlooking the superb gardens and walled courtyards of the grounds. Also popular is the semi-ruined 17th Century mansion of Bolsover Castle, set high on a wooded hilltop, looking west towards the heights of the Peak District. Chesterfield has a host of other attractions within easy reach, such as Chatsworth and Haddon Hall, the amenities of Matlock and Bakewell, or the opera at Buxton. An interesting base for a varied break.