- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Blairgowrie 3 miles. This stunning detached country house is superbly located in beautiful Perthshire countryside, near the historic town of Blairgowrie. Traditionally decorated with antique paintings and furniture, and exuding an impressive country house atmosphere, this Blairgowrie holiday home is ideal for large groups of friends or families celebrating a special milestone or event and who wish to spend time together enjoying the secluded grounds, close to some of Scotland’s most spectacular scenery. With stunning panoramic views, this Blairgowrie holiday cottage has eight bedrooms, five with an en-suite, and the charming family kitchen benefits from both modern conveniences as well as a traditional AGA. The spacious drawing room at this Perthshire holiday home captures the essence of gracious country living, with the welcoming fire and open views across the grounds to the hills beyond. A second sitting room with impressive wood panelling is the ideal place for guests to spread out and relax by the fire in front of the TV. When you’re not having a game of pool, this Perthshire holiday home boasts an outdoor heated swimming pool, where you can also fire up the barbecue in the secluded gardens to the rear of the house. This Perthshire holiday home is ideal for the outdoor enthusiast, with superb walks from the doorstep, Rosemount Golf Course is just two miles away, and Gleneagles and Carnoustie are easily accessible, along with fishing on the renowned River Tay and winter sports in Glenshee. Less energetic, but no less rewarding, are the day trips that can be enjoyed to Perth and Dundee, with Scone Palace and the RMS Discovery being but two highlights. Also accessible are the major cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh, each just over an hour’s drive away. A stunning Blairgowrie country house, with something for everyone.
Eight bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x double, 2 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x single, 2 x additional single beds on request. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, bidet and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 14). Utility. Dining room (seats 16). Drawing room (seats 9) with open fire. Sitting room (seats 8) with open fire. Landing with pool table.
Oil central heating with open fires. Electric oven, gas hob, AGA, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for fires inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Lawned gardens to front and rear with furniture and BBQ. Private outdoor heated swimming pool 15ft x 30ft (available May to Aug inclusive. Pool may be available during April and September at a supplementary cost. Please call for more information). One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 3 miles. Note: There is an adjoining cottage with a private garden at the rear of this property. Note: Max. 14 adults. Note: Check-in 4pm. Check-out 10am. Note: No stag or hen parties.
Note: Max. 14 adults.
Note: No stag or hen parties.
- Last minute
- “A dream house”
- “Totally top property, gorgeous interiors, views, fabulous gardens, great swimming pool, family friendly place, plenty to do for kids, every family member has found their peace there due to plenty of space, very well equipped house, the owner was very helpful and approachable. We have had a fabulous time. Thank you so much. xxx”
- “A great place to spend a holiday in Scotland”
- “Stayed at Rosemount House with my partner, daughter, son in law and grandchildren in August. The holiday was a 50th wedding anniversary present - and what a great present. The accommodation is beautiful, spacious and very well equipped. The views are magnificent and the outdoor swimming pool was a bonus, particularly for the grandchildren although I enjoyed it as well despite my great age!!!! The location is also very good, being only a short drive from Dundee where we were able to visit the Science Museum and the Discovery and it was also not very far from Scone Palace which is well worth a visit. Being self-catering there is also a large supermarket within a few minutes drive.”
- “This property was absolutely fantastic! We were able to celebrate my Mother and Father in law's Golden Wedding Anniversary in grand style! 12 adults, two children, two babies, a dog and it didn't feel crowded at all! Plenty of space and plenty of amenities.”
- “Our group had a fabulous time at Rosemount House! The spacious lounge ensured we could all relax together in comfort. The kitchen created a wonderful hub of activity and there was no problem catering for our large group. Each bedroom was of a high standard. The gardens, especially the BBQ and poolside area, were a sunshine hotspot!”
- “An absolutely lovely place with lots of space, character and a heated pool which was pleasant to swim in even on darker days. Everyone loved it; kids, adults and grand parents. The owner was very friendly and the house was a dream.”
- “The owner of Rosemount House was extremely friendly, helpful and instantly responsive to our needs; an exceptional person. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Rosemount House.”
- “Had a lovely stay. The House was perfect and the owner was very friendly and accommodating! Will recommend to others.”
- “We had a fantastic time at Rosemount House. The kitchen & dining facilities were great - lovely to have an Aga to keep the place warm & cosy. There was ample space for all our needs and the open fires were gorgeous. The owner called in to check everything was OK for us, he & the housekeeper were very friendly. Can't fault the place and would stay there again without any hesitation.”
- “It is a beautiful house, very well-equipped especially when it comes to kitchen utensils. We were a group of 12 and fit comfortably in the house, with most bedrooms upstairs and 2 large living rooms with fireplaces and a dining room (also with a fireplace) downstairs. The location is also good, with a shop within a 5-10min drive, nice scenery around and a river within a 10-15min walk. There are plenty of board games, croquet, Lego, books and a TV with Sky in the house. I would certainly recommend Rosemount House.”
- “The property was spacious and accommodated our party of fifteen without difficulty. The dinning room was in keeping with the rest of the house and provided an excellent setting for a birthday dinner. The house was very clean & well appointed, and the standard of the fittings and fixtures were very good. The location provided privacy and tranquillity. The owner was helpful and considerate. It was a most enjoyable experience in great settings. All in all we had a wonderful time.”
- “One of the best properties we have stayed in. It was was well maintained, huge and homely. The owner is friendly and helpful. The kids loved the swimming pool ( heated ) and pool tables. I would recommend it for a large group.”
- “Our family of 15 enjoyed the stay at Rosemount House as it was large,spacious and cosy. The AGA cooker kept the rooms warm and comfortable. The pool table kept the children as well as adults entertained and the iron bell came in handy to use as a breakfast bell for the kids!!! We had a wonderful and memorable holiday thanks to the beautiful house amidst the scenic landscape.”
About the location
Perth 16 miles; Dundee 19 miles.
The red stone town of Blairgowrie is situated on the banks of the River Ericht, where it emerges from spectacular gorges in Strathmore. With good shops and great restaurants, it makes an excellent base for exploring Perthshire, the beautiful Angus Glens and is a gateway to the Highlands. Surrounded by rolling fields - famed for their raspberries - the town is overlooked by hills and mountains, and is home to Scotland's largest skiing centre at Glenshee. It's the perfect terrain for riding, cycling and walking, whilst golfers are well-catered for with several excellent courses (including Rosemount) locally and St Andrews and Gleneagles also within easy reach. Marvel at the world's tallest hedge at Meikleour (600m long and 30m high), see Meigle's collection of Pictish sculpted stones, or listen to stirring tales at Glamis Castle, the setting for Macbeth and said to be Scotland's most haunted castle! The small town of Dunkeld is also worth a visit with its historic cathedral, riverside walks, Big Trees, such as the Birnam Oak and parent Larches of Dunkeld, and the Hermitage, which offers impressive waterfalls. Blairgowrie is also close to the Loch of the Lowes which is home to breeding ospreys.