- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Broadway Country Cottages
These wonderful, stone-built cottages are set in the grounds of the owner’s home, just a short walk from the pretty village of Broadway, near Evesham in the Cotswolds. These Broadway cottages offer a seamless combination of traditional and contemporary style, providing high quality accommodation for families, groups of friends or couples looking for a relaxing break, uncovering the beauty of the Cotswolds. Offering a variety of accommodation with delightful bedrooms and en-suite facilities, these Broadway cottages also offer bright and airy living areas with well-equipped kitchens, perfect for preparing meals and picnics for days spent out and about exploring. From the sitting rooms of these Broadway cottages, patio doors lead outside into their own private lawned gardens and patio areas, where you can enjoy barbecues and games of croquet on warm summer evenings. Enjoy the shared use of an external games room with darts, table tennis, and a beautiful three-quarter mahogany snooker table, and there is also a beautiful koi fish pond within the grounds. 'The Jewel of the Cotswolds', Broadway village, lies at the foot of the Cotswold Hills and marks the beginning of the Cotswold Way, boasting a selection of unique shops, art galleries, quaint cafés and traditional country pubs. The spa towns of Cheltenham, Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon and the unspoilt Vale of Evesham all make for memorable days out, whilst a scattering of National Trust properties are waiting to be discovered. These Broadway cottages are perfect for exploring the Cotswolds, all year round!
A fabulous, stone-built cottage close to the Broadway, near Evesham with three charming bedrooms, including a king-size double, which can be made into a twin on request, and a double bedroom boasting an en-suite shower room.
There is a kitchen and a dining area where you will find a stunning glass dining table, ideal for special dinners.
The sumptuous sitting room boasts a roaring open fire, perfect for snoozing beside after a delicious Sunday lunch, or relaxing with a film.
Outside, the kids will love the garden, while a shared external games room offers darts, a three-quarter snooker table, and table tennis.
There is also a picturesque water feature and a pond in the grounds.
A beautiful Broadway holiday cottage, ideal for a family break.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref.
914084, together they sleep 8.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Shared external games room with table tennis and snooker.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and fuel for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 7 mins walk
- Note: Pond in grounds, children to be supervised
- Note: Snooker table to be used by guests aged 18 years and over only
- Note: Check-in 5pm, check-out 11am.
Note: Until 8th January 2016, this property operates on a Saturday changeover day. From 8th January 2016, this property will operate on a Friday changeover day.
- Last minute
- “Great location”
- “Great location just a twenty minute walk into town. Arrived to tea and a homemade cake on the table which was lovely. Comfy beds and lovely garden.”
- “A wonderful family break”
- “We loved our stay at The Oaks. Owners, Peter and Sue were wonderful hosts who were always available, but never intrusive. The freshly made cupcakes on arrival was a lovely touch. Peter was particularly great with our 2 boys who loved feeding the lambs, exploring the garden and farm and playing in the shared games room. The accommodation was spotless, but homely and relaxing. We will be back - hopefully on an annual basis.”
- “Perfect holiday accommodation”
- “We are a family of four adults and a baby and we look for specific criteria when we book our holidays: Superking bed for us Ensuite for my daughter and her husband Fast Wifi connection Plenty of room to spread about Safe place to store our bicycles Parking directly outside the cottage Quiet location The Oaks ticked every box........... and more - we had a welcome plate of cupcakes on the table along with fresh milk in the fridge to go with the tea & coffee.! The owners Peter and Sue are lovely - and very helpful. Peter and my husband even went off cycling and shooting together. Sue was very kind and went out of her way to post on to us some items that we left behind - we really appreciated that Sue, thank you again I have already recommended The Oaks and their other properties to friends at work - if you book you will have a super time”
- “Perfect home from home”
- “Week holiday with family - two adults and two children (6 & 3). The setting in the village of Broadway is perfect. Down a quiet private road the Oaks is within easy reach of what Broadway has to offer and centrally located to allow you to explore the Cotswolds. the accomodation is well laid out, with kitchen, dining area and large lounge, and a toilet on the ground floor, with 3 good size bedrooms (1 ensuite) and family bathroom upstairs. All rooms are well kept and very well presented. It makes you feel relaxed. Outside there is a large garden (lots of grass for kids to run around on) with a patio area where you can enjoy a glass of wine or two. The decor was of a very high standard and it is great value for money. The owners (Susan & Peter) live next door and are a lovely couple who helped make the break really special for our girls who were lucky enough to help feed Susan's lambs and help walk Rosie the dog. Add in cuddles with pet rabbit thumper and another friendly labrador Teal and the girls didn't want to leave! There is also a games room in an a converted building outside (table tennis, dart board, pool/snooker table). The owners have also left some games (jenga, card games) as well as DVDs for you to borrow. There is an open fire in the lounge which would be perfect in colder weather (we were lucky and had gorgeous weather). Also there is Wifi throughout the property Don't hesitate in booking this for your holiday in the cotswolds. The owners also have some smaller units if you don't need the 3 bedroom property. We really enjoyed our break in the Cotswolds and would not hesitate to recommend the Oaks as a place to stay.”
- “Comfortable, warm and friendly home”
- “Warm and friendly welcome from the owner, who lives next door. Home made cake awaiting for our arrival. The house was exactly what it says on the website. It is 5 min walk to the village centre, you can literally leave your car and just walk everywhere. Make sure you take a good strong torch for the night time, as no lighting on the lane up to house. You can either have two doubles and one twin, or one double and two twins. Very warm home so very cosy at night, with excellent wi-fi coverage. You have to be animal friendly as they have one gorgeous cat, two dogs and a rabbit. My friends and I loved it here, had a wonderful chilled at weekend. Location is spot on for walkers.”
- “What an amazing place to stay - wonderful.”
- “"We stayed at The Oaks for a fabulous 12 days - returned on 6th September. We have to say that the accommodation was absolutely first class. Beautifully decorated, clean, tidy and extremely comfortable. Susan and Peter - the owners who live on-site - are wonderful. Really nice people and nothing was too much for them. We had homemade teacake waiting for us in the very large kitchen/dining room as well as tea, coffee and sugar. All linen was supplied and was top quality. Loads of space at the front for parking and recreation plus a beautiful rear garden with large table, padded chairs and parasol. The lounge was massive with really comfortable leather sofas, a huge TV and a great election of DVDs. Situated just 15 minutes from the stunning village of Broadway, at the end of a private road containing very up-market properties, it was absolutely superb for just getting away from it all as well as a perfect base for touring around. We cannot recommend The Oaks high enough (and Susan & Peter of course). It was truly a 5 Star ‘PLUS’ holiday accommodation and we are telling all our friends. We hope to make a return visit in the not-too-distant future. Many thanks again Susan and Peter for the opportunity to relax a unwind. Allan & Hilary Wilson””
- “Ideal for a wet weekend in November with friends”
- “Arriving at The Oaks from various parts of the country, we appreciated the warmth and space It provided in the miserable weather. The owner was extremely helpful and the cake she provided was delicious ( a lovely thought). The beds were extremely comfortable and the whole place was furnished to a high standard. The third bedroom was very small with no room for a wardrobe but that was not too much of a problem for just a weekend. Everywhere was very clean. Our only grouse was regarding the open fire. The information in the house made a request for a £7 daily donation for using the open fire whereas the detail provided when booking gave fuel for the open fire as included in the rental. A bit impertinent , we felt.”
- “Great location and extremely friendly and helpful hosts. The owners are lovely people and went beyond our expectations with advice. The owner kept our teenage son occupied with snooker and table tennis regularly. We also joined the owner for clay pigeon shooting on one occasion and thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all, a great base for day tripping and a restful location for the evenings. Highly recommended!”
- “Great house in a beautiful location. Big living space and wonderful garden.”
- “A wonderful cottage with such helpful owners.The closeness to Broadway and lots of local restaurants makes it a great base.”
- “The whole family thought the cottage was fantastic! We received a wonderful welcome on arrival. The owners were on hand throughout our stay, but were never intrusive and were absolutely terrific with the children. Our boys loved feeding the lambs and exploring the garden and farm.”
- “Excellent family accommodation for a holiday, with very friendly owners who made us very welcome. Would have no hesitation in returning in the future.”
- “Close proximity to Broadway and other Cotswold villages; rural setting of the cottage”
- “Secluded and spacious with plenty of parking. Had a beautiful garden at the back and lots if room for grandchildren to run around safely outside. The log fire was an amazing feature.”
- “This is a really comfortable, spacious property in a great location. The owners were very welcoming and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.”
- “Warm, comfortable house (loved the open fire). Owners really friendly and helpful.”
- “Friendly hosts. Good facilities and a lovely location. Some great family attractions nearby (especially NT properties - Hidcote and Snowshill Manor and Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway which was excellent value). Lovely relaxing lounge with large TV and DVD player.”
- “Excellent location as a base for many different activities. Owner is very welcoming, and very helpful.”
About the location
Evesham 6 miles; Stow-on-the-Wold 14 miles; Tewkesbury 16 miles.
The charming village of Broadway, known as 'The Jewel of the Cotswolds', nestles beneath the Worcestershire hills. This quintessential English village, one of the most beautiful in the Cotswolds, offers a superb range of unique shops and boutiques, galleries and restaurants, but is also steeped in history with its origins dating back to Roman times. The world-renowned Lygon Arms has been popular for centuries, and now spa facilities can be enjoyed at pre-arranged times. Broadway serves as a great base for exploring the Cotswolds and surrounds with Stratford-upon-Avon, Cheltenham Spa and Worcester within easy reach. With an abundance of National Trust properties, museums, beautiful walks and cycle trails, this really is a great place for a relaxing holiday, all year round.