- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A lovely ground floor cottage on the owners' farm in the scattered hamlet of Alderwasley in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside. Welcoming and very well appointed throughout, this Derbyshire cottage is a real romantic getaway in this wonderful part of the Peak District. All on the ground floor, you will find stunning uninterrupted views of the Peak District countryside with a cosy sitting room with electric fire and a king-size bedroom. Outside this Alderwasley cottage is a large garden overlooking fields and beyond, with patio and lawn to enjoy either a morning cup of tea or an evening glass of wine. The charming area of Alderwasley is a walker's paradise, with paths from the doorstep, so you can head to Belper, Wirksworth or just take in the truly beautiful countryside which is surrounding this Derbyshire cottage. A visit to nearby Wirksworth provides lovely pubs, superb restaurants and many interesting shops. Visit nearby Matlock with its host of attractions, including the Heights of Abraham, with its fascinating owl maze and water gardens. Carsington Water, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are must-see attractions, making this Alderwasley cottage an ideal base for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday at any time of year.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair available. Off road parking for 1 car. Lawned garden with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: Dogs must be on a lead at all times due to sheep on the farm.
- Last minute
- “very good”
- “Clean, well equipped, good welcome. Situated in a very interesting area with exellent views.”
- “Everything was lovely. The cottage was excellent, and had a warm welcome from owners. Would definitely go there again and would fully recommend. Had a fabulous stay, love the Peak District.”
- “A comfortable and welcoming cottage in beautiful countryside. A very quiet location, yet close to all amenities. Had friendly and helpful owners. A perfect area for walking with or without a dog, however if you do take a dog, many pubs and tourist attractions are dog friendly. The closest pub to the cottage was probably the most dog friendly pub I have ever been in, at one point there were more dogs than people! More of a drinking pub rather than eating, but locals were very friendly and welcoming.”
- “Ideally located cottage with fantastic views. It was like a home from home and we received a very warm welcome on arrival. We would thoroughly recommend this amazing cottage and already have done to all our family and friends. We can't wait to return!”
- “The owners live next door and were very kind and welcoming, but were not intrusive. The view was fantastic. The conversion is small but perfectly formed, was very clean and well presented, perfect for our little family, and the facilities are very new.”
- “Peaceful. Quality standard and cleanliness of the property. Friendly welcome.”
- “The tenants of the farm were lovely and friendly. They provided milk and tea bags when we arrived and a bottle of wine and biscuits. They even provided biscuits for our dog which was a lovely welcoming touch. Set in a beautiful location, the farm was peaceful with fantastic views of the countryside and the horses in their paddock. Loved it all.”
- “Thank you so much. We really enjoyed our stay. The owner was very kind which was much appreciated and the whole experience was brilliant.”
- “Brilliant cottage, ideal location and hosts very welcoming. Would happily book again.”
- “A beautiful cottage, extremely clean and well appointed; very warm welcome.”
- “Very friendly people, lovely cottage in a beautiful location. Very warm welcome on arrival, would definitely stay here again.”
- “We certainly picked a winner with this cottage. Everything was just what was required for a short break with our dog Patch. Parking right outside, lovely and warm when we arrived, and a wonderful view thrown in as an extra!”
About the location
Wirksworth 2 miles; Belper 7 miles.
Alderwasley is a scattered area of farms and a couple of local pubs located in lovely rolling countryside with undisturbed views for miles, on the southern borders of the Peak District National Park. Nearby Wirksworth is a small, charming market town on the edge of the White Peak, and is full of character, with many buildings of architectural interest, including its magnificent parish church. Visitors will enjoy exploring the ancient "jitties" and courtyards, and the National Stone Centre, as well as the delightful surrounding countryside including nearby Carsington Water and the High Peak Trail. Rock climbing and cycling can be enjoyed here at every level, and there is good walking all around. Well Dressing is unique to Derbyshire, and Wirksworth combines this tradition with a lively carnival. The annual Arts festival attracts international performers of every kind. Close to Alderwasley is Belper which is a town with a long and famous history dating back to the 13th Century, when it was then called Beaurepaire (beautiful retreat), a name that still holds true today. Now a spirited and bustling town, attractions include the North Mill, Long Row and the River Gardens. Beautiful Chatsworth House, Shottle Hall and Haddon Hall are within easy reach, as well as Matlock Bath with its spectacular cable car, the newly restored Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and Gulliver's Kingdom. Only 2 miles away, the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site in Cromford is not to be missed. A great location for a varied holiday.