- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Newborough 4 miles.
An impressive, detached farmhouse, situated on a 5-acre non-working farm in open countryside, near the village of Brynsiencyn, 4 miles from Newborough on the delightful Isle of Anglesey.
Boasting lovely views across countryside and farmland, this wonderful Newborough cottage is the former home of the Sherriff of Anglesey, and records show that a dwelling has been located on the site as far back as 1330, plus in the adjoining fields there are ruins of old druid settlements.
This cottage near Newborough has many character features, including original floor tiles in the entrance porch and a Rayburn stove in the kitchen.
The cosy sitting room at this Anglesey cottage has a woodburning stove, plus your holiday home also has a separate dining room with a seating area, a large and airy kitchen with dining area and five bedrooms spread across two floors, most of which have unspoilt country views.
A pleasant lawned garden provides a superb sun trap where you can relax and enjoy the wildlife and birdsong, or explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
With easy access by car to the Menai coast and Newborough beaches, this Anglesey cottage is an ideal base for families and groups of friends.
Five bedrooms: 2 x double, 2 x single, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with corner bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 4). Dining room with comfy seating. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating powered by Rayburn with woodburning stove
- Rayburn, electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, shared use of washing machine in external building, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Some low door frames throughout the property
- Note: The owner lives in a caravan opposite, which is screened from view
- Note: A small campsite is situated on the owner's land approx
- 100 yards away
- The campsite cannot be seen from the property
- Note: Check-in time 3:30pm.
About the location
Bangor 9 miles.
The small village of Newborough lies on the edge of forests and dunes at the south west corner of Anglesey. Close by is Llanddwyn Bay, renowned as one of the finest beaches in Britain, ideal for swimming, canoeing, beachcombing and birdwatching or just relaxing! Behind the beach, the 1500 acre sand dune system of Newborough Warren is home to skylarks, meadow pipits and oyster catchers as well as toads and lizards and is protected as a National Nature Reserve. The famous Anglesey Model Village, set in one acre of beautifully landscaped gardens, is within half a mile of the village centre and makes a fun day out for the whole family, and Anglesey Sea Zoo is only a short drive away.