- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Tyddyn Whisgin Cottages
Caeathro 0.5 miles. A group of attractive cottages, in a courtyard location on a 30-acre smallholding close to the small village of Caeathro, on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, 2 miles from Caernarfon, with its famous 13th century castle and attractive waterfront. These wonderful Caernarfon cottages provide quality, well-equipped accommodation, some with original features. These stone-built barn conversions, plus a more modern, detached conversion, have handmade pine kitchens and a welcoming cottage atmosphere throughout. There is a shared courtyard and games room with pool table and darts, while each of these Caernarfon cottages have use of their own private patio area with furniture. This is a wonderful location for touring Snowdonia, the Isle of Anglesey and the Llyn Peninsula. The area around these Caernarfon cottages provides stunning scenery, beautiful beaches, and a huge variety of outdoor activities including climbing, walking, mountain biking, watersports and excellent fishing and golf. A perfect location for an exciting holiday, these superb cottages offer a relaxing stay.
Superb terraced barn conversion, offering cosy and welcoming accommodation in a wonderful location.
Handmade kitchen, bedroom with en-suite and rear patio.
Ideal romantic retreat.
Note: This property sits on the same site as Refs.
918056, 2952, 2953, 4453 and 5741, together they sleep 25.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite wet room with shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area.
LPG central heating. Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of washing machine & tumble dryer in owner's reception room, available at a small charge, dishwasher, wall-mounted combi TV/DVD, WiFi (in games room only). All fuel & power inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Please bring own beach towels. Shared games room including pool table & darts, with adjoining area for outdoor clothes, boots etc. Cot & highchair by prior arrangement. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shared bike storage. Shared front courtyard area, own rear patio area with furniture. Sorry, no pets & no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: There is no pavement on the road leading to the shop and pub.
Note: Up until 9th October 2015, this property will have a Saturday changeover. From 9th October 2015, the property will have a Friday changeover.
- Last minute
- “Ace Place to Stay”
- “Lily Cottage was very clean, nicely layed out, every item that you could think of was there in the kitchen, all you had to do was supply food and turn up. The location was very quite, but close enough to town if you wished to go and do shopping. I could not thought the anything, and i liked the underfloor heating in the cottage.”
- “Caethro cottages”
- “Very enoyable stay. Lovely converted barn building in pleasant surroundings. Great location to visit mountains and coast especially for NT properties. Owners live on site and are available if you need them but the cottages are entirely self contained and private. Would definitely use them again if staying in this area.”
- “A wonderful cosy cottage and tranquil setting”
- “A delightful 1 bedroom cottage in a quiet and peaceful location close to all that Snowdonia has to offer. The owner was very welcoming. A modern decor with all the mod cons to make our stay comfortable. I would stay here again on my next visit to Snowdonia.”
- “Very good accomodation with no frills but everything you need .”
- “A good welcome from the owner and clean accomodation. Location is excellent and I have no complaints about any aspect of the accomodation or surroundings.”
- “Delightful cottage in a delighful setting.”
- “The cottage was just lovely. When we arrived we were so taken by the whole area. Very well maintained cottages and gardens. Being on the farm was so relaxing just sitting out in our wee private garden listening to the cows. Terrific central area for the whole of North Wales. Owner was lovely and helpful. Good laundry area and pool table room. The most amazing sunsets I have ever seen. No hesitation in recommending this cottage and the area.”
- “This cottage was excellent in every way - it was warm welcoming and attractive and had lots of lovely, homely features. Set on a farm, the whole complex was beautifully clean and well maintained, and there were many interesting curios scattered around giving the place character. I cannot recommend this place highly enough!”
- “Liked the location and layout of the cottage. It was very peaceful with space to relax indoors and outside.”
- “The accommodation was excellent; very quiet, peaceful and the location was handy for exploring the area.”
- “The accommodation was clean, comfortable and provided everything we needed for our stay. The owners made us very welcome and we were even befriended by her cat who spent several hours with us. As we are both disabled we found access to the cottage easy and the wet room an added bonus.”
- “We had a warm welcome from the owner. The place itself was in a wonderful conversion, we could not fault it in any way; hopefully we will be back in the future.”
- “Had a good welcome, with clear attention to detail. Properties and immediate area developed to a very high standard. In a good location for a wide range of activities and interests. There was sufficient local services for our needs, with a larger town only a couple of miles away. Ideal.”
- “Cottage was very comfortable and owner was very friendly. Very quiet surroundings. Really restful holiday.”
- “The cottage was nice and central for many of North Wales attractions.”
- “A nice place to stay, very clean and tidy with a friendly owner.”
About the location
Caernarfon 2 miles; Llanberis 7 miles; Beddgelert 10 miles.
Caeathro is a small village with a shop and pub, situated on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, 2 miles from Caernarfon. The town is a popular tourist spot, with its impressive 13th Century castle, well-preserved town walls and attractive waterfront. During the season there are guided tours of the castle and special events including historic pageants. There is also a station for the Welsh Highland Railway, which passes through dramatic scenery. Caernarfon offers a selection of shops, places to eat and sea-fishing trips off the coast of Anglesey. The perfect location for touring Snowdonia and the lovely beaches of Anglesey and the Lleyn Peninsula, as well as for enjoying excellent climbing, walking, mountain biking, watersports and golf.