- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ardfern 4 miles. Situated up a farm track just off the coast road between Ardfern and the harbour at Craobh Haven, these two cottages are located next to the owners’ house, on a non-working farm, amidst tranquil surroundings. Set within spectacular countryside, these charming Ardfern cottages, lovingly developed from old farm buildings have open outlooks, one over the large garden to the hills behind the property and the other over the front garden to the hills above Ardfern and Craobh Haven. These Argyll cottages have outdoor seating and lawned areas, which are ideal for enjoying alfresco dining after a busy day exploring the area. The nearby village of Ardfern provides a shop, pub, craft centre and tea room as well as a yacht centre, and is located on one of Scotland’s most sheltered sea lochs. Boat trips are available to the famous Corryvreckan Whirlpool and within driving distance are the towns of Lochgilphead and Oban, plus there are wonderful walking and fishing in the area. These two delightful Argyll cottages are ideal for a romantic break or family holiday.
This semi-detached Argyll cottage has two bedrooms, consisting of a ground floor double and a first floor twin, which is accessed by steep open stairs, a spacious open plan living area encompassing a fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area, and a ground floor bathroom. This lovely Ardfern cottage is set in spectacular Argyllshire countryside and is an ideal base for families. Note: This property can be booked with Ref.16245, to accommodate six people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric storage heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden to front with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: This property has a private treated water supply
- Note: The approach road to this property should be accessed with care
- Note: The twin room is accessed via steep open stairs.
- “Wunderschönes Cottage für Schottlandliebhaber”
- “Das Cottage "Mullach" ist perfekt gelegen als guten Ausgangspunkt für Tagesreisen in die Süd-Highlands. Es liegt auf einem Hügel und die Aussicht ist phantastisch über das Loch Melford. Es ist ein umgebautes Farmhaus, perfekt ausgestattet, mit einem riesengroßen Garten (perfekt für Kinder und Hunde), sehr liebevoll eingerichtet und die Vermieter sind überaus nett und gastfreundlich. Ein toller Urlaub in Schottland ist garantiert !”
- “A perfect week”
- “The cottage is in a beautiful location and is very safe if you have dogs or children. The hosts are great very funny and my husband was in heaven with all the toys available. The cottage is compact but has almost everything you need and it is very warm and cosy. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and the local Tesco makes shopping easy. We only need nice beaches and although it was a drive to the best one it was a great one. The cottage was very clean and well equipt apart from the lack of a dishwasher and a larger double bed would be better but these are very minor issues. We will go back.”
- “The cottage was extremely clean, well equipped, and comfortable. The owners were most helpful and accommodating. An ideal location for our dogs, providing a secure and expansive area for them to play in. The location offers stunning views and nearby access to local beauty spots. This was our third visit to this cottage and we intend to return again.”
- “The cottage is kept absolutely spotless. The owners were very welcoming and very approachable during our stay. The cottage is situated in stunning scenery and there is so much to do, we didn't have enough time to fit it all in a week so we will be going back next year for two weeks.”
- “The cottage is set in a beautiful location with stunning views. The property was clean, cosy and well equipped. It was ideal for our dogs as it was safe, secure and allowed them plenty of room to run free. The owners are friendly and most helpful without being intrusive. The location of the property is ideal for sightseeing and there is a lot to see.”
- “A lovely cottage which exceeded expectations. Very peaceful, ideal for getting away from it all. Had very friendly and helpful owners and it was great for dog owners as there were plenty of good walks. Highly recommend.”
- “It was very clean and warm and the owners were very accommodating. The cottage is very conveniently situated for Lochgilphead and Oban.”
- “The cottage is immaculate, lovely and cosy with everything you could need. The location is ideal with many lovely walks almost on the doorstep and is perfect for the dogs. Friendly owners who were very helpful suggesting walks and other things to see and do locally. Would definitely recommend it.”
- “Mullach was well equipped, clean and in a lovely setting. It felt cosy as soon as we arrived and had an open field ideal for the dog to play. The owner was lovely to deal with.”
- “Beautiful location, quiet and peaceful, beautiful cottage, good size for our family, fabulous space in the garden for the children & dogs to play.”
- “Peace, tranquillity and the views. Friendliness and helpfulness of the owners. Acceptability of dogs and the convenience of suitable ground for them to run on.”
- “The cottage is beautiful and the owners couldn't be more helpful. The gardens and paddock are beautifully manicured and the scenery is just breathtaking. Our dogs settled straight away and loved the space to run around in. We enjoyed every minute!”
About the location
Lochgilphead 16 miles; Oban 21 miles.
The picturesque coastal village of Ardfern sits on the Craignish Peninsula in Scotland's beautiful and dramatic Argyll region. An ancient settlement, there is evidence of population at Ardfern dating from 600 AD when contemporaries of St Columba were here, plus there is a ruined church on the Peninsula dating from 12th century. The village today contains a pub, shop, craft centre, tea room and a large marina, ideally placed for sailing off the west coast. A second marina is nearby at Craobh Haven and the towns of Lochgilphead and Oban are well worth a visit offering many shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. The surrounding scenery is what makes the area, with the hills, lochs and mountains offering spectacular walking, plus there is fresh water and sea fishing nearby to delight the angler. Ardfern is a lovely base for exploring the area.