- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Launceston 5.5 miles.
A cottage in the village of Boyton, attached to the owners' Cornish farmhouse in an idyllic rural setting alongside the magnificent River Tamar, just a short drive from Launceston in east Cornwall.
Set in more than 120 acres of meadows and farmland, with an abundance of flora and wildlife, and freedom to roam, this Cornish cottage will certainly appeal to small groups wishing to enjoy the peace, tranquillity and relaxed atmosphere of this working farm.
The sitting room with woodburner and far-reaching views over the farmland, the well-fitted kitchen with dining area, the two double bedrooms and the bathroom all ensure that guests have plenty of space in this Cornish cottage.
From this wonderful Launceston cottage it is easy to enjoy a spot of fishing on the half-mile length of river on the farm, relax with an easel and paintbrush to capture the beauty of the landscape, sit and relax and listen to the birds or enjoy wonderful walks.
A ten minute drive away from this Cornish cottage is the old county town of Launceston with its imposing castle perched above the town, enjoyable steam train and Tamar Otter and Wildlife Centre.
Further afield is Dartmoor National Park for fabulous walking, surfing beaches near Bude and a number of beautiful National Trust properties to visit.
A stay here in this peaceful Cornish cottage will refresh the spirit, and ensure you want to return.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with pull-out single, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and separate WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Electric convector heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, DAB radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private, lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4.5 miles, pub 2.5 miles
- Note: Due to the property being on a working farm, with a river running through the grounds (15 mins walk from cottage), ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: Guests must bring own fishing equipment and gain environment agency permit to fish.
About the location
Bude 19 miles.
The town of Launceston, situated on the Devon and Cornwall border, has wonderful architecture, including some fine Georgian buildings in the central square, and is dominated by the ruins of a Norman castle sitting high above the town. Visit the Tamar Otter Park just 3 miles away or take a trip on the steam train from Launceston through the beautiful Kensey Valley on a 5-mile round trip. Launceston is within driving distance of the seaside resorts of Bude and Padstow to the north, and Plymouth to the south, as well as the stunning Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor. A superb base for exploring Cornwall and Devon.
- Last minute