- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Millbrook 1.5 miles. A very special holiday location! Nestling at the foot of the steep 250ft Tregonhawke Cliff, Eddystone Cottages are accessed on foot via a steep cliff path and steps after leaving the car at the clifftop. The climb down is well worth it, as these apartments stand just 12 feet above the sandy beach at Tregonhawke, part of Whitsand Bay itself, which stretches to about 5 miles of sand and rocks. This one-time stone beach cafe has been converted into three apartments (one occupied by the owner) providing charming, comfortable accommodation, each with magnificent views of the sea and access to the adjacent cafe/surf school/surf shop offering watersports. From the beach (lifeguarded between May and September) at Tregonhawke, there is swimming, wind and kite surfing, kayaking and fishing so that guests can make the most of their holiday, while an indoor heated swimming pool, cafe and bar can be found at Whitsand Bay Holiday Park, at the top of the cliff. Relax with tea on arrival at the seasonal beach cafe next door. With lovely walks close by, and the coastal villages of Kingsand, Cawsand and St John, and towns of Looe, Polperro and Plymouth a short drive, there is no shortage of things to do from these lovely apartments.
A special couples' getaway.
The sitting room of this ground floor Whitsand Bay cottage apartment has comfortable accommodation with a sofa bed for flexibility, not to mention fabulous views over the beach to Eddystone Lighthouse and the diving wrecks at Scylla and Eagan Lane.
Simply stroll out of the door of this Whitsand Bay cottage apartment and you will find yourself on a lifeguarded beach, perfect for surfing, swimming or fishing.
Climb the steep steps to the top of the cliff, and you will find that from your Whitsand Bay cottage apartment you have easy access to walks on the SW Coastal Path with fantastic landscapes in both directions.
Note: Cottage is next to Ref 4466, together they sleep up to 6.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with large shower, basin and WC. Galley kitchen. Sitting room with dining table and double sofa bed.
- Electric convector heating and underfloor heating in the shower room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV, DVD, selection of DVDs, books and games
- Power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking available 250ft above on clifftop
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Small shop at the holiday park at the top of the cliff
- Shops and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Children must be supervised due to proximity of open beach and steep cliff path
- Note: Property accessed only via steep uneven cliff path and steps, which may not be suitable for the infirm
- Note: Winch for assistance with luggage available from May 1st to September 30th each year - outside this time the winch may not be available
- Note: The beach is dog friendly throughout the year.
About the location
Whitsand Bay 1 mile; Plymouth 8 miles.
Set in a bowl of hills at the head of a tidal creek that leads to the Hamoaze, opposite the great naval city of Plymouth, Millbrook is located on the Rame Peninsula, "Cornwall's Forgotten Corner". Bounded by the Lynher and Tamar rivers, the Hamoaze and the sea, the area is deeply rural and designated as one of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has a good range of shops and pubs, while close by are the pretty coastal villages of Kingsand and Cawsand, from which a ferry will take you to Plymouth. Along the southern edges of the peninsula are miles of beautiful walks with glorious views of Rame Head. Just a mile south of Millbrook lies Whitsand Bay with its miles of uncrowded sandy RNLI patrolled beach and dramatic cliffs. A superb base for discovering the wild side of Cornwall.