- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An attractive group containing three stone cottages and a barn conversion, in a courtyard setting next door to the owners’ old Cornish farmhouse, in the hamlet of Polyphant. This is a quiet, peaceful setting in a rural location, 5 miles west of the historic town of Launceston but within minutes of the main A30 route through Cornwall. The large, half-acre communal garden outside these Launceston cottages backs onto open countryside, and has a conservatory overlooking the wildlife pond; visitors can enjoy some quiet time here, with the added benefit of a small library of books and coffee-making facilities. There are some fabulous traditional pubs nearby, most of which are child-friendly and many of which accept dogs. The nearest to these Launceston cottages is only 1.5 miles away. This group of Launceston cottages are in an ideal location for exploring a whole range of pursuits, especially the dramatic North Cornwall coastline, including Widemouth Bay, which is particularly good for surfing, rock pools and beach games and is also dog-friendly. Walkers are spoilt for choice, with Bodmin Moor on the doorstep, dominated by dramatic granite tors which tower over the sweeping expanses of open moorland. Why not take a family cycle ride along the gentle reaches of the nearby Camel Trail, a traffic-free route following the course of the river through woodland and moorland? These Launceston cottages offer a great base to explore and unwind together.
Originally a shelter for horse-drawn wagons, this cosy end-terrace stone cottage near Launceston has a large feature window at the front, making the sitting room light and airy. This cottage is ideal for couples or a family. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 17370 and 18014, together they sleep 12.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. External shared utility. Sitting room with sofa bed. Separate shared conservatory.
Electric convector heaters. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared use of washing machine and tumble dryer in external utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, Blu-ray, WiFi, selection of books and board games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair, stairgate, baby bath and potty on request. Off road parking for 1 car. Shared conservatory with seating and coffee making facilities. Shared, enclosed lawned garden with furniture and fenced pond. Front patio. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2.5 miles, pub 1.5 miles. Note: This property is suitable for a maximum of 4 people. Note: Although pond is fenced, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “Quiet and comfortable”
- “We found the property central to the area we wanted to visit. It was well set out and very quiet. The kitchen was well appointed and we cooked a lot for ourselves. We spent most of the time out touring as it was not far from the coast or the moors, but when at the property it was comfortable and had all we needed.”
- “Fantastic Stay! Under new ownership”
- “My husband and I stayed here for a week recently, and had a fabulous time. This lovely quiet retreat is now under new ownership, and the four houses have all been recently updated. Ours was clean, comfortable, cosy, and had all the facilities we needed. It also had a nice patio and garden which would be really useful during the nicer weather! Excellent location, close to Launceston and ideal for all the sights of Cornwall. There is also a decent pub not too far away, I would guess a mile or so. We'll be back!”
- “The whole place was just lovely. The accommodation was simply awesome and the gardens were amazing. I could not have wished for more.”
- “Very relaxing with a wide range of places to visit. The sunny/warm weather certainly helped make the holiday and made it a pleasure to be out and about. Some nice touches from the owners who supplied homemade scones, jam, butter and cream on arrival.”
- “The property was well placed to tour the area and it was quiet and comfortable. The hosts were friendly and helpful with questions and gave us a lot of information about the attractions we could visit.”
About the location
Launceston 5 miles; Truro 41 miles.
Just inside the county boundary, this delightful village is situated among rolling meadowland, wooded valleys and winding country lanes. A few miles to the east, the ancient county town of Launceston with its shops, leisure centre, Norman castle and local history museum looks out over the deeply wooded valley and the River Tamar, while in the other direction lie the open spaces of Bodmin Moor, with its craggy tors, spectacular scenery and Daphne Du Maurier’s famous Jamaica Inn. With a wealth of tiny hamlets, country pubs and interesting walks nearby, there is also superb fishing, abundant wildlife and a number of golf courses to tempt the visitor. The north coast beaches are only 14 miles away and the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan can be reached within 40 minutes; Penzance and the far west are just over an hour by car and to the east there’s the wild open spaces of Dartmoor. A magical area for those seeking peace, tranquillity, stunning scenery and a wide range of attractions.