“Fantastic cottage, peaceful and ...”Fantastic cottage, peaceful and quiet, the perfect place to chill out. Plenty of places to visit and some great walks. Had me a real good time. It was pawfect for my dog too. Thank you.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A charming, stone-built cottage, adjoining the owner’s original mill house, in the peaceful Cornish village of St Keyne, 3 miles from Liskeard.
The Retreat is cosy and comfortable with a well-equipped kitchen, open plan living area and private patio, ideal for sitting out and relaxing.
Featured in the Daphne Du Maurier novel The King's General, the cottage is superbly located in the heart of the Cornish countryside.
Just a short walk away is St Keyne Wishing Well Halt, which is a request stop on the Looe Valley railway, meaning that there’s easy access to Looe and onto the mainline Liskeard for day trips to Penzance and St Ives.
With Polperro and Truro a short drive away, this superb area of Cornwall never fails to draw visitors year after year.
Note: This property can be booked with Ref 2470, together they sleep 4.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
- LPG central heating with electric fire
- Towel rail heater in bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed garden area for dogs
- Private patio with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop/Post Office and pub 3 miles (Liskeard or Duloe)
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: Property accessed via 4 descending steps, with handrail.
About the location
Liskeard 3 miles; Looe 5 miles.
The sleepy village of St Keyne nestles above the main valley leading down to the coast at Looe. Renowned for its rolling meadows and wooded valleys, the region is a haven for nature and wildlife lovers. The nearby south coast is the area's main attraction, offering lovely sandy beaches and coastal walks, while the working fishing ports of Looe, Fowey and Polperro are within a short drive. With impressive country houses and gardens nearby, the delightful cathedral city of Truro just a short drive away and the Eden Project, Heligan Gardens, the north coast resorts of Padstow and Port Isacc within driving distance, makes this is an ideal location for a relaxing break in picturesque surroundings.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute