- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Egloskerry 0.5 miles. A charming, single-storey lodge, situated on the rural outskirts of the pretty village of Egloskerry, just 4 miles from Launceston. Decorated and furnished to a high standard, this compact yet contemporary open plan accommodation has everything needed for a restful holiday, including an enclosed patio area providing a great place to relax after a hard day's exploring. The lodge fronts onto a minor country road offering easy access, whilst the surrounding lush green meadows, wooded valleys and quiet country lanes boast some great walking and cycling opportunities. Abundant wildlife, good golf and some great country pubs are all on the doorstep, whilst the Roadford Reservoir is within a short drive providing great fishing and sailing. Horse riding and excellent surfing are also within easy reach. Alternatively, visit the old county town of Launceston, situated at the head of the beautiful Tamar Valley and offering great shops, pubs and restaurants. A great romantic retreat, at any time of year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Contemporary open plan living area with well-equipped fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric storage and panel heaters
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, combi LCD TV/DVD with Freeview, radio/CD player, small selection of DVDs/games/books
- Local maps and cycling/walking guides available
- Broadband available via cable (not WiFi)
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Walled patio garden with garden furniture and BBQ
- Gravelled area with furniture and stunning views
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 4 miles, pubs 3 miles
- Note: The owner provides fresh flowers and a bottle of wine for all new arrivals.
- Last minute
- “it was a very enjoyable stay the accommadation was 1st class and owner very friendly and the cream tea fresh flowers and wine was a very nice touch would recommend to family and friends.”
- “Our week away”
- “My husband and I had a wonderful week away staying at palmers lodge in Cornwall last November. The lodge was easy to find, very clean, modern and comfortable. We had a very warm welcome with fresh flowers, a cream tea a few basic provisions. The owners live adjacent to the lodge, but never interfered , we arrived home one evening to find all the electrical power had gone, and we were met by the lady of the house, holding a torch to make sure we got in ok in the dark, and she found plenty of candles to get by with, we were touched by her thoughtfulness, we were told of future plans to improve the lodge and they sound fantastic, I am sure they will be done to the same high standard as the rest of the lodge, it was a real pleasure to stay there”
- “5* Accommodation, Home from Home”
- “Fantastic owners, always on hand if needed. Exceptionally clean, well cared for and very stylish decor, everything we needed and more! Very well equipped kitchen (even tubberware/kitchen foil so you can take your lunch out with you) with fab goodies on arrival. Far away enough from everything for a relaxing break, but close enough to get to see most of the sights of Cornwall. Superb recommendations from the owner for places to eat/drink (Eliot arms is a must!) Couldn't rate higher! Would recommend to all and would love to return! *Also visitor book in lodge with equally high reviews*”
- “Great Week!”
- “Great location for exploring North Cornwall. Tintagel Castle & Padstow are great day trips. Shops & pubs within 5 minute drive - The Countryman Inn is great for food & drink. Excellent, modern facilities in the cottage and welcoming owner. Would recommend to friends and would go back in future. Overall 5 stars!”
- “Nice, comfortable accomodation”
- “The accomodation was really clean and comfortable and well located for getting to parts of Cornwall's north coast. However, there is nothing within walking distance of the cottage and it is right on the road - a 60mph road! This is quite disturbing as vehicles fly past.”
- “An excellent cottage with a lovely view - it was very easy to get to various destinations in Cornwall.”
- “This was a wonderful property to stay at with the owner clearly paying attention to the smallest things as well as the bigger aspects of the property. The property is within a short distance of Bude, Boscastle and Tintagel on the coast as well as Launceston which has a large supermarket. We would certainly consider staying here again in the future.”
- “VERY clean and well appointed, exactly what it said on the tin, would go again in a heartbeat. You won't need to take anything with you apart from food!”
- “Warm welcome, friendly owner, good location.”
About the location
Launceston 4 miles.
The pretty village of Egloskerry sits 4 miles west of Launceston, quietly resting amongst the beautiful green meadows of the upper Tamar Valley. An ideal place for those seeking the solitude of the countryside, this whole area offers an abundance of winding country lanes, wooded valleys and great wildlife spotting opportunities. The nearby reservoir at Roadford offers fishing, sailing and water sports, providing a great day out for all, whilst the Tamar Otter Park and the nearby golf course are not to be missed. With the town of Launceston, with its many shops, pubs, restaurants, ruined Norman castle and steam railway just a short drive away, as well as the beaches of North Cornwall and the wilds of Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor within easy reach, this great location has plenty to offer.