- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Whitstone 2.6 miles. Ideally located between the popular towns of Launceston and Bude, this cosy wooden chalet, one of two which can be booked together, sits on the owner’s smallholding and small campsite near the little village of Whitstone and close to Boyton in Cornwall. Set in a perfect location for anyone wishing to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the Cornish countryside, this cottage near Whitstone offers a wonderful, cosy base for family groups and friends, and can be booked together with its neighbouring lodge for larger gatherings. Set over the ground floor with an open plan living area and three good-sized bedrooms, this log cabin near Launceston enjoys lovely views towards the on-site fishing lake, fully stocked with carp and tench, and has a private patio, which is a peaceful place to relax in whilst watching the wealth of wildlife, which love to visit this serene spot. Set in a wonderful location between Bude, Holsworthy and Launceston, and close to pretty Week St. Mary, this lodge in Cornwall is an ideal base for visiting the many attractions of North Cornwall and Devon, and in particular, the vast sandy beaches, the cliffs and small coves of the unforgettable coast. Take a tour to remember along the stunning South West Coast Path or a quiet stroll or bike ride in the surrounding countryside. Within just fifteen minutes’ drive guests can discover the lovely resort at Bude, or a little closer, historic Launceston with its majestic 13th century castle and well-loved, awarding-winning steam railway, plus there are plenty of little harbour towns, including ever-popular Padstow close by. A fabulous chalet near Bude, perfect for a Cornish getaway. Note: Property is approx. 15 yards from Ref. 904559, together they sleep 12.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x children's bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, WC and basin. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge (no ice box), TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private patio with furniture
- Free fishing in lake (licence required, available locally)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- On-site shop 1 min walk, pub 5 miles.
- Last minute
- “The Lodge was well presented and had lovely little touches to make it feel like a home. It had an excellent range of kitchen utensils and the beds were very comfortable. The owners were very welcoming, helpful and very knowledgeable about the areas around. Enjoyed the holiday, now looking forward to going again.”
- “The lodge had very friendly owners who couldn't have made us feel more welcome or been more accommodating during our stay. The site was lovely, quiet and safe for the children and the lodge was very well equipped. A fantastic stay and I would highly recommend this place.”
- “A peaceful location and welcoming owners.”
- “We loved the location and the the owners made us feel like we had made new friends. The beds were extremely comfortable and the quietness guaranteed a good night's sleep. The close proximity of the fishing lake was a good reward for my husband at the end of a day chauffeuring me and my Mum around! We will definitely be back.”
About the location
Bude 7 miles; Holsworthy 8 miles; Launceston 10 miles.
Whitstone is a small Cornish village located between Launceston and the seaside town of Bude, and is home to a village store. Six miles from Whitstone is the beach at Widemouth Bay along with many inlets and coves. Just seven miles from Whitstone is the coastal town of Bude with wonderful beaches and great surfing all year round. Bude is on the South West Coast Path and has a superb golf course, indoor swimming pool, bowling alley/indoor play area and a good selection of local shops, supermarkets, cafes, pubs and restaurants. A wonderful area for a family holiday, all year round.