- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A superb, detached, single-storey barn conversion, with ramped access, adjacent to the farmyard on the owner's beef farm on the edge of Upper Seagry, in the lush countryside of North Wiltshire, only 6 miles from the ancient town of Malmesbury.
The property boasts character features such as high vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, staddle stones set into the wall, and is tastefully decorated to provide spacious, comfortable living accommodation, including a king-size master room with en-suite, and a Jacuzzi bath.
Perfectly placed for exploring the delights of the area, including Malmesbury, Lacock (setting for the BBC series Cranford) or the Cotswold Water Park, Oxen Cottage makes an excellent base any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x twin with high ceiling & Velux window. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower over, basin & WC. Spacious open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburner-style electric fire. Note: There are two steps down to the front door.
- Oil central heating with woodburner-style electric stove in raised fireplace
- Electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer (in adjacent outhouse), dishwasher, TV with Freeview
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small raised patio with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at a charge of Â£10
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: This is a working beef cattle farm & cattle are nearby
- Note: The owner has one dog
- Note: There is an access ramp available at this cottage.
About the location
Chippenham 5 miles; Malmesbury 6 miles.
The small North Wiltshire village of Upper Seagry is found in superb countryside only 5 miles north of the bustling market town of Chippenham, and 6 miles from the ancient town of Malmesbury. Close to the southern end of The Cotswolds, this rural location provides a great base from which to explore this fascinating area. There are ample footpaths and bridleways nearby, a visit to Malmesbury - with its 12th century Benedictine Abbey - is a must, whilst a trip to the Cotswold Water Park is a real treat. Westobirt Arboretum, with its extensive collection of trees and shrubs is not to be missed. Within an easy drive can be found the picturesque village of Castle Combe, also well known for its car racing track, and the quaint National Trust village of Lacock, used as the setting for the BBC TV serial Cranford. The impressive Roman city of Bath, Bowood House, and the ancient stone circle at Avebury are also easily accessible. This really is an excellent base for a relaxing and interesting break at any time of the year.