- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful, detached, Grade II listed former hop brewery, part of which dates back to the 15th century, lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in beautiful Cotswold countryside, in the village of Barnsley, just four miles from the ancient Roman town of Cirencester. This charming Gloucestershire holiday home boasts attractive, comfortable accommodation perfect for a get-together with family and friends in a stunning part of the country. Offering flexible sleeping arrangements, this Gloucestershire holiday cottage has eight spacious bedrooms, all with en-suite shower rooms. The large first floor beamed sitting room has steps down to the rear garden, whilst the ground floor sitting room has doors to the side patio and has many games, DVDs and a Wii games console for the whole family to enjoy. A well-equipped, large fitted kitchen with dining area makes the perfect place for a long Sunday lunch or celebratory dinner and an additional, small kitchenette is ideally located on the first floor next to the sitting room. Outside this Gloucestershire holiday cottage is a private garden with patio area, perfect for a summer BBQ and relaxing with a refreshing drink. The thriving village of Barnsley has a classic village pub, which serves excellent food, or guests may prefer to enjoy a pre-booked relaxing spa afternoon at nearby Barnsley House. Just a little further afield is the Regency spa town of Cheltenham, offering many visitor attractions, an extensive range of shops, restaurants, the Gold Cup horse racing and The Cotswold Water Park with its many water based activities. The area is also popular with walkers, cyclists, horse riders and nature lovers, with the nearby National Arboretum at Westonbirt being home to one of the finest tree collections in the world. This is a perfect Gloucestershire holiday home to be enjoyed at any time of year.
Eight bedrooms: 1 x ground floor super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 2 x ground floor king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor family room with 1 double and 1 single with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. First floor kitchenette. Sitting room with doors to patio. First floor sitting room with access to rear garden.
- Oil underfloor heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, 3 x fridges, freezer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, Wii games console, WiFi, payphone, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned and paved garden to side and rear with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Owner will take delivery of a pre-paid supermarket shop and also offers a laundry service if required
- Note: Mobile signal can be intermittent.
- Last minute
- “The location of Greyhound Barn in The Cotswolds was very good; near to Cirencester and Cheltenham. It was perfectly suited to our group as all 8 (very well presented) bedrooms were en-suite which made it so easy and practical. There was a large well equipped dining kitchen and huge lounge which was perfect for our large group. The owners live next door and were extremely pleasant and helpful. The Sykes website was easy to use, gave very good information about the property and the communication was very helpful.”
- “We were a family party of 12, the Barn offered us plenty of space and provided games to occupy the children. It was in an excellent location in a very nice village, with plenty to do and see in the area. We loved the village of Bibury which is very close to Barnsley.”
- “The property has a fantastic period look but inside has large functional living spaces. In particular the kitchen diner and the upstairs lounge. The property is close to Cirencester so supplies were easily obtained yet it was far enough away to give the country village feeling. This property is perfect for large social groups allowing for group meals all together or relaxing in the lounge but then giving bedroom and bathroom space for everyone to have some private space. This property is an absolute tardis of a building that is well maintained and requires you to take only yourselves and the food and drink you need, everything else you may need is supplied.”
- “Everything about the accommodation was very good. Particularly liked the choice of bed linen and general standard of fabrics and furnishings.”
- “We enjoyed our holiday very much and the size of the property was great. The area is fantastic and we all had a really good time. I would recommend to anyone.”
- “I rented Greyhound Barn for my family as it as it was near to the wedding venue and could accommodate us all. The basic requirements were all provided and it was adequate for our purposes. The owners have obviously made as great an effort as it reasonable possible.”
- “The size of the property was amazing, all of the bedrooms had individual, fully co-ordinated décor. The kitchen was immense - 14 of us could sit around the table quite comfortably. The 2 kitchen fridges were useful as was the dishwasher, and the sets of crockery all matched. Upstairs was extremely well furnished - there was a TV, books and jigsaws to pass the time, the younger children loved the games room. As an added bonus, the village pub was literally over the road where we spent a very pleasant Saturday evening celebrating my daughter's birthday.”
- “Well appointed, clean, reasonably well furnished and decorated.”
- “Large property and plenty of room. Family who own property live next door and where very helpful and friendly. Barnsley is a lovely Cotswold Village.”
About the location
Cirencester 4.5 miles; Swindon 18.5 miles; Gloucester 22 miles.
The thriving village of Barnsley lies south of the Cotswold Hills and is surrounded by beautiful countryside and ancient, unspoilt villages, whilst also playing host to an annual village garden festival. Barnsley Park boasts evidence of a Roman settlement and was supposedly enjoyed by the wives of Henry VIII. The village of Barnsley has its own village pub serving excellent food, as well as the 16th century Barnsley House where you can enjoy a day at the luxurious spa or take afternoon tea on the terrace overlooking the attractive gardens. Close by is Bibury, a picture perfect Cotswold village, set in a conservation area, nestling on the River Coln and home to Arlington Row, a 12th century former wool store, now owned by the National Trust. Cirencester, known as 'The Capital of the Cotswolds' is just a short drive away and boasts a rich and well-preserved heritage with a Roman Amphitheatre, Corinium Museum and Abbey Grounds. The Brewery Arts Centre offers visitors a unique arts and crafts shopping experience or visit the Bathurst Estate, home to Cirencester Polo Club where some of the highest levels of polo can be seen. The Regency spa town of Cheltenham, with its Georgian architecture and extensive range of shops, theatres, restaurants and visitor attractions, including the famous Gold Cup horse racing is also just a short drive away, as is the unique Cotswold Water Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Britain's largest water park, offering a wide range of activities including boating, water skiing, cycling, golf and horse riding. The area is also host to three nature reserves, all offering many lovely walks. Within an hours’ drive is Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Blenheim Place, Bath and the Malvern Hills and all are well worth a visit.