- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautifully presented cottage located on the edge of the Royal Forest of Dean, on the outskirts of the thriving village of Whitecroft. Thoughtfully refurbished, this charming Forest of Dean holiday cottage offers a cosy bedroom with views to the forest, a very well-equipped kitchen and a delightful sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and doors onto the rear patio with furniture, BBQ and hot tub. This Forest of Dean cottage is a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this unspoilt area. Whitecroft offers many lovely walks into the forest, access to cycle routes and two traditional village pubs. The Royal Forest of Dean and nearby River Wye offer guests the chance to try many outdoor activities. Just a short drive away from this Forest of Dean cottage are the ancient caves of Clearwell, the riverside town of Ross-on-Wye and the Severn Estuary, famous for its tidal bore, and a delight for bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts. A great Forest of Dean holiday cottage, at any time of year.
One double bedroom. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with door to front patio. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and doors to rear patio and hot tub.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, Wii, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, extra fuel for stove available to purchase from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car only (no commercial vehicles)
- Lockable bike/kayak storage
- Rear patio with furniture and hot tub
- Front patio
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This property does not accept children (inc. infants).
Note: This property does not accept children (inc. infants).
- Last minute
- “We had booked a couple of days away to completely relax, and we really did. The décor, furniture, hot tub and facilities were brilliant. The owners were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We will hopefully return in the not too distant future and would definitely recommend to family and friends.”
- “A well equipped, clean and modern property with lovely views and a hot tub on the patio. The owner was available and friendly but not obtrusive, keen to ensure that we lacked for nothing. A pleasant holiday, we will be coming back to Lilly Cottage.”
- “The cottage was absolutely beautiful, absolutely spotless inside. Everything and more than we expected. Beautiful private hot tub in the garden which we used every day, just wonderful! The owner, who lives next door, is adorable and so accommodating. There wasn't anything we needed except extra time staying there. Our stay was chilling and with us both working very long hours it was a perfect break for my partner and I. Highly recommended and we are now looking at the bigger cottage next door to stay in with my parents next year. Superb! 10/10”
- “A lovely cottage which was very clean and well fitted out, enjoyed the hot tub. Had easy access to many interesting and beautiful places. The owners were really nice and friendly.”
- “Had very friendly and welcoming hosts, nothing was too much trouble. It made everything relaxing and enjoyable. The property was in fantastic condition and everything was easily accessible.”
- “A lovely cottage, perfect for our honeymoon! It was quiet and close to the forest for a walk and the pub down the road is lovely. The hot tub was a big bonus especially after a long bike ride and Go Ape.”
- “An idyllic cottage in a wonderful setting - so quiet and peaceful.”
- “We loved our stay in Lilly Cottage. The cottage was beautifully clean and was lovely and cosy. The owners were lovely and made us feel very welcome.”
- “Fantastic property, and a wonderful welcome from the owner. She could not have done any more to make us feel welcome and made sure that everything was spot on. The property itself was clean with ample space for 2 people. It was nicely decorated with good amenities. In a stunning setting in the Forest of Dean with good walks. The village of Whitecroft, whilst not very big, has an excellent chip shop and also a cracking pub. Although the village does lack a shop, there is a supermarket about 2 miles away in Lydney. Highly recommended and would definitely stay again.”
- “The cottage was cosy, warm, well equipped and decorated for Xmas. We received a warm welcome from the owners. The quality of décor and furnishings was to a high standard. The hot tub was excellent. The location was perfect, with walks straight from the door.”
- “A beautiful property in a stunning location; we will definitely recommend.”
- “A cottage we've returned to for several years. Beautiful property with excellent forest views, in a peaceful location, with wonderful owners who do not invade your privacy, but are always approachable if the need arose. Visited three times this year & already booked for March 2015.”
About the location
Monmouth 7 miles.
The thriving village of Whitecroft lies on the southern edge of the Royal Forest of Dean. The village boasts a fish and chip shop, two traditional village pubs and the historic Dean Forest Railway. The eerie caverns and ancient caves of Clearwell are just a short drive away, as are the Gloucestershire Way and Offa's Dyke footpath. The magnificent Forest of Dean, England's largest oak forest, offers numerous trails that can be explored on foot, by bike or on horseback. Caving, abseiling and a high wire rope course are for the more adventurous, whilst fishing, golf, kayaking and canoeing are other popular activities in this unspoilt area. The riverside market town of Ross-on-Wye with its timbered Tudor houses, excellent shops and restaurants as well as the lovely towns of Monmouth, Ledbury and Symonds Yat are also close by. A perfect Forest of Dean holiday cottage in picturesque surroundings.