- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautifully presented cottage located on the edge of the Royal Forest of Dean, on the outskirts of the thriving village of Whitecroft.
Thoughtfully refurbished, this charming Forest of Dean holiday cottage offers a cosy bedroom with views to the forest, a very well-equipped kitchen and a delightful sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and doors onto the rear patio with furniture, BBQ and hot tub.
This Forest of Dean cottage is a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this unspoilt area.
Whitecroft offers many lovely walks into the forest, access to cycle routes and two traditional village pubs.
The Royal Forest of Dean and nearby River Wye offer guests the chance to try many outdoor activities.
Just a short drive away from this Forest of Dean cottage are the ancient caves of Clearwell, the riverside town of Ross-on-Wye and the Severn Estuary, famous for its tidal bore, and a delight for bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts.
A great Forest of Dean holiday cottage, at any time of year.
One double bedroom. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with door to front patio. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and doors to rear patio and hot tub.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, extra fuel for stove available to purchase from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car only (no commercial vehicles)
- Lockable bike/kayak storage
- Rear patio with furniture and hot tub
- Front patio
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This property does not accept children (inc. infants)
- Note: Smoking is not permitted in the property or outside.
About the location
Monmouth 7 miles.
The thriving village of Whitecroft lies on the southern edge of the Royal Forest of Dean. The village boasts a family-run shop, a fish and chip shop, two traditional village pubs and the historic Dean Forest Railway. The eerie caverns and ancient caves of Clearwell are just a short drive away, as are the Gloucestershire Way and Offa's Dyke footpath. The magnificent Forest of Dean, England's largest oak forest, offers numerous trails that can be explored on foot, by bike or on horseback. Caving, abseiling and a high wire rope course are for the more adventurous, whilst fishing, golf, kayaking and canoeing are other popular activities in this unspoilt area. The riverside market town of Ross-on-Wye with its timbered Tudor houses, excellent shops and restaurants as well as the lovely towns of Monmouth, Ledbury and Symonds Yat are also close by. A perfect Forest of Dean holiday cottage in picturesque surroundings.
Note: This property does not accept children (inc. infants).
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute