- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Cleobury Mortimer 4 miles. This detached bungalow is situated close to the owner's home on a 27-acre non-working smallholding, in the hamlet of Crumpsbrook just a short drive from the small Shropshire town of Cleobury Mortimer. Standing in a rural location, this Shropshire cottage offers comfortable and modern accommodation ideal for a family or group of friends whowish to enjoy one of the most beautiful regions of England. The four bedrooms at this Cleobury Mortimer cottage offer flexibility with the sleeping arrangements, whilst the fitted kitchen and comfy sitting room give you a relaxing space where you can unwind after a day out and about. This cottage near Cleobury Mortimer has a large lawned garden, part of which is enclosed, making it perfect for dining alfresco after a day exploring this exciting region. This is an excellent area for walking and biking with the Clee Hills and its 3000-acre common close by, whilst the lovely Long Mynd Hills, known as Little Switzerland is an easy drive away. Enjoy the pretty town of Cleobury Mortimer or spend the day in medieval Ludlow, which is England's finest example of a Tudor town. Bridgnorth, Much Wenlock and the World Heritage Site of the Ironbridge Gorge with its ten museums are all just a short drive away. This is a welcoming Shropshire cottage, ideal for an all year round holiday in a lovely part of the UK.
All ground floor. Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 2 x single. Two shower rooms with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with dining area.
LPG central heating. Double electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 3 cars. Bike storage. Lawned garden to front and sides with enclosed rear lawned garden with furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 3 miles. Note: There is an unfenced pond in the front garden.
- Last minute
- “Most Comfortable Bunglaow We Have Stayed In”
- “This was a most excelent cottage, it had everything we needed and more. It was more out of the way than we usually stay in or so we thought when trying to get there following the SatNav (taking us down all the narrow roads and tracks) but really was only 4 miles from a small town with all the amenaties needed. The cottage itself had 4 really good sized bedrooms with really really comfortable beds, so much so you really dont want to get out. the gardens both fornt and back were great for letting the dogs run around and play, ours were having a daily 'chat' with the owners dogs. The kitchen was very well equiped and the welcome pack that was left was greatly appreciated, loads of fruit, eggs and milk. We found an great little pub for meals which we visited nightly, The Stables Tavern in Cleobury Mortimer. It is out off the way and we only found it when we were looking for a car park for the pub (The Talbot Hotel). The meals were big and tasty and not expensive. The bungalow ideally situated to visit many places of interest including Ludlow with its many Tudor Houses and its castle, the countryside is lovely just to drive around in. We also visited Llandrindod Wells in Wales which is a nice little spa town and found a little cafe by the lake (The Lakehouse) where we stopped to have lunch, again a great find as it the food was very good. Although on the day we went it was raining but was still a nice trip. I would highly reccommend this cottage/bungalow and will be visiting again sometime in the future.”
- “lovely quiet setting, with excellent walks and good accomadation”
- “We enjoyed our stay very much,the bungalow was excellent. We initially chose the bungalow because it was pet friendly and with walks on the doorstep it proved brilliant On arrival we were greeted by the owner,and once inside we were so pleasantly surprised to find some great provisions,eggs, bread, btter and fruit which was a lovely touch. The bungalow was clean and tidy and being down a private drive made it perfect, we really enjoyed our stay in a great part of the country.”
- “We had a lovely week and were made very welcome. The place is just lovely.”
- “There was lots of room in The Bungalow, the garden was secure and can't rate it highly enough. There is quality bedding, towels and more than enough crockery and utensils.”
- “A lovely spacious bungalow, the owners lived next door but were totally unobtrusive and yet on hand if we had any queries. It was in a really peaceful setting with a lovely garden and plenty of utensils. Absolutely great!”
- “We liked the peaceful countryside and the spacious accommodation with a happy warm welcome by owners. Excellent directions for finding the property.”
- “This is "probably the best holiday let in the world"; it offers peace and quiet but is fairly close to several cities. It is exceptionally comfortable and well appointed. The owners are close by if needed but never intruded. Little extras like milk/fruit/wine show the professionalism of the owners. I would recommend this cottage to anyone/everyone!”
- “The location was so quiet and close to so much of interest in this beautiful County, as well as good walks. There was a wonderful quantity of towels, sensibly all different colours and lovely quality, comfortable beds and top-quality bed-linen. The space in the bungalow, the warmth & constant hot water and the family-sized fridge/freezer was also much-appreciated, as was the fact there was a tumbler dryer.”
- “Excellent cottage in a beautiful area, would recommend. The cottage had everything we wanted and being on a farm there was lots of wildlife.”
- “The cottage is situated well for visiting places. Plenty to see without a long journey. There are a few small shops nearby but if you want a supermarket the nearest is in Ludlow. The owners made us feel welcome but not intrusive and the welcome pack was much appreciated.”
- “A very comfortable bungalow, it had everything you needed. All very cosy, with a good garden which was enclosed - ideal for children or dogs.”
- “The bungalow was in a beautiful secluded position and very homely. The welcome pack was extensive and much appreciated. The bedding and towels were fresh and colourful and the proprietor was very friendly and helpful.”
- “Welcome goodies on arrival were an excellent idea and really appreciated. Bungalow was well stocked and nice and warm.”
About the location
Bridgnorth 10 miles; Ludlow 12 miles.
The pretty little town of Cleobury Mortimer is situated in the rural heart of South Shropshire. The town offers a refreshing selection of individual shops, pubs and restaurants, but is most famous for its unique church, which has a peculiar crooked steeple. The historic market towns of Bridgnorth and Ludlow (with its superb castle) and the famous World Heritage Site of Ironbridge are all within easy reach. There is excellent walking locally in the Clee Hills and the Wyre Forest, and horseriding, golf and fishing are available close by.