- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Located in the lively festival town of Dungloe, County Donegal, is this delightful holiday cottage. Set across one floor with three comfortable bedrooms, this Dungloe cottage is perfect for families or friends looking for a convenient, quality base to explore the rugged beauty of this enchanting area of Ireland. The modern sitting room at this Dungloe cottage, complete with leather furniture and flat screen TV, is also home to a cosy multi-fuel stove, ideal for warming the bones after a day's fishing, golfing or climbing. Indeed, climbers will be spoilt for choice in the renowned hills of Donegal, with a selection of peaks to climb, not least the impressive Mount Errigal, arguably Ireland's most iconic mountain. Offering fantastic access to the town's main street, which is just a short walk away, holidaymakers can leave the car at this Dungloe cottage and take advantage of the fine selection of shops and pubs available and the famous hospitality to be enjoyed therein. Meal times will also be a breeze with a selection of supermarkets just yards away from this Donegal cottage. Take a drive to the quaint fishing village of Burtonport and hop on the ferry to Arranmore Island for a day's exploring, or simply watch as the fishing boats bring in the catch of the day. Finish the day with a pint of the black stuff while you enjoy some traditional music, before meandering home to your Dungloe cottage for some rest and recuperation, dreaming of another day in Ireland's wonderful north west.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x twin, 2 x double. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room (seats 5) with multi-fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, video, CD/radio, CCTV
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Spacious garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 min walk, pub 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “The cottage was comfortable and well equipped. We would definitely stay there again in the future.”
- “The cottage was in an excellent position close to shops and yet all roads south and north were very accessible. The owner is a very nice man who was very helpful over TV queries one evening ( arriving within minutes of our phone call) AND taught my husband how to make and keep in a peat and log fire in his excellent stove- my husband thought that great fun! The cottage was well equipped with tourist maps and literature. There were also very good white goods provision and good electric stove!”
- “Being able to relax in comfort as central heating meant we could keep warm. Didn't have to rush down for breakfast which you do in a hotel and was handy for our requirements as family live locally.”
About the location
DUNGLOE, COUNTY DONEGAL
Arranmore Island 7.5 miles; Letterkenny 32 miles.
Up until 1762, entry to the town of Dungloe in Donegal was only possible via the stepping stones dotted over the river. Thankfully, now, visitors from all over the world can enjoy easier access over Dungloe Bridge to enjoy this charming town in County Donegal. Dungloe is known locally as 'The Capital of The Rosses', the name given to this region of the county. The town, which has become recognised as a centre for traditional Irish music, has a selection of shops, bars and eateries, and events throughout the year, including the annual 'Mary from Dungloe' festival. A fisherman's paradise, the area has over 130 lakes and rivers, and is renowned for its fishing and great sea angling, with several charter boats available in nearby Burtonport. There are also daily boat trips from the harbour to Arranmore and Rutland Islands. Wonderful wildlife can be found in the bogs and reed beds, while golfers will love the variety of golf courses in the surrounding area. With hills and mountains to explore, dramatic coastline to enjoy and so much to see and do, this is sure to make the perfect base for your Donegal holiday.