- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Ballinrobe 2 miles.
This idyllic, traditional stone cottage sits in a pretty and secluded location off a quiet winding lane close to Lough Mask, 2 miles from the town of Ballinrobe.
This Ballinrobe cottage has been sympathetically restored using some reclaimed materials, and retains many traditional, character features throughout.
The sitting room features an original 'Hag Bed' alcove, dating back to when the cottage was built; traditionally, these alcoves were built next to the fire for the woman of the house to keep warm.
The exposed stone walls in the sitting room and first floor bedrooms, and the Belfast sink in the kitchen, give a rustic and authentic feel to this Ballinrobe holiday cottage, providing a warm, comfortable and unique hideaway.
The enclosed garden with feature stone circle, fruit trees and herbs and an ancient covered dry well is a special place to sit out and relax, while pine martens can be seen in the surrounding countryside.
This Ballinrobe cottage is just half a mile from Cuslough Bay on Lough Mask, while Cahir Pier, a popular sandy swimming spot, is great for a dip in the lough on a hot summer's day.
A lovely, cosy, old Ballinrobe cottage to unwind in at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x king-size double leading to 1 x family room with double (accessed from one side only) & single beds - low doorway. Bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Compact fitted kitchen. Sitting room (seats 5) with woodburner & dining area (seats 5). Note: The family bedroom is accessed via the double bedroom.
- Central heating powered by woodburner
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, satellite TV, DVD, video, CD, radio, extensive & varied selection of books, DVDs & videos (owner can provide list of books & DVDs)
- Selection of games & toys
- Fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Electricity by meter reading,first €10 included in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair available on request
- Ample off road parking for cars & boats
- Enclosed lawned garden with feature stone circle, covered seating area, garden furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- Note: This property is surrounded by grazing farmland, so pets must be supervised at all times
About the location
BALLINROBE, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 20 miles; Galway 30 miles.
Ballinrobe is a lively market town on the River Robe in County Mayo, close to Lough Mask, Lough Carra and Lough Corrib. Geographically, it is ideally located as a touring base for those wishing to explore Galway, Mayo and west Ireland. Dating back to the 1300s, Ballinrobe is believed to be the oldest town in South Mayo, and is surrounded by many features of archaeological, architectural, historic and ecological interest. Ballinrobe is known as the lake angling centre of the west, and with 60,000 acres of lough fishing, and miles of river fishing close by, it is easy to see why, plus the town offers a championship 18 hole golf course and spring and summer horse racing meetings. For day trips, the stunning Mayo coastline can be easily reached in half an hour, and a visit to the world-famous Connemara National Park, with its breathtaking walks and amazing scenery, makes for an unforgettable day trip.