- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
Duncannon 2.7 miles.
This superbly-presented detached cottage sits in a rural position next to the owners’ working livestock and arable farm, within easy reach of the popular seaside village of Duncannon in County Wexford.
Lovingly furnished throughout, this Duncannon cottage offers a homely base for small families, and an ideal romantic retreat for couples.
Set entirely across the ground floor, there are two delightful bedrooms, a shower room and an open plan living area with a spacious kitchen, a quaint dining area and a cosy sitting area where you can warm any achy bones by the fire after a jam-packed day wandering the surrounding hills and sandy beaches.
Outside this charming Wexford cottage is a quaint seating area where you can enjoy a spot of alfresco dining.
The charming fishing village of Duncannon is home to a wonderful, golden stretch of sandy beach, a popular spot with locals and tourists and the ideal place to spend the day swimming and sunbathing.
The village welcomes many visitors each year, as it is located on the scenic Ring of Hook, and once a year Duncannon’s Sand Sculpting Festival provides a superb day out where you can witness some remarkable, if short-lived creations.
Visit the Hook Peninsula where you can view the beautiful Tintern Abbey and also Loftus Hall, where you can take part in a tour of what is reputed to be Ireland’s most haunted house.
Within easy reach are many exciting family-friendly activities including kite surfing and pony trekking.
The lively town of New Ross is only a short drive away, and is bursting with fine restaurants, traditional pubs alive with music, and excellent shops to dip into and locate your perfect souvenir.
New Ross is also well worth a trip to visit the Dunbrody Famine Ship and the John.
Kennedy Homestead, both places creating memorable day trips.
Whatever your age or taste, there is something for everyone in this wonderful part of Wexford.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power charged by meter reading
- Starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front gravel area with furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and beach 2.5 miles
- Note: There is a working livestock and arable farm directly behind this cottage, fenced off and only accessible via gate at end of driveway, children to be supervised and dogs kept on a lead when outside.
- Last minute
- “Stunning venue and the Owner was a delight. Would highly recommend Rose Cottage to anyone.”
- “This was a wonderful property that was kept very tidy; The Owner was a gracious host. The accommodations were very private.”
- “Beautiful cottage in a very quiet, peaceful location. Loved the sounds of farm animals in the mornings and the close proximity to a working farm. Really enjoyed all the lovely beaches on the Hook peninsula. For anyone interested in archaeology, there are some really interesting Norman ruins in the area and the beautiful gardens of Kilmokea and Tintern Abbey.”
- “We received a very warm welcome to Rose Cottage from the owner, who has equipped a spotless property to a very high standard and provided everything we could need, and more! The cottage is in a very quiet and peaceful location and is the perfect place to unwind. It is ideally situated to explore everything South East Ireland has to offer including many historic places of interest, beautiful scenery and a fantastic coastline.”
- “We had a wonderful time at 'Rose Cottage'. The owner is a lovely host. The cottage was perfect for our needs, was spotlessly clean and very well equipped. In a lovely tranquil location, well situated for beaches and sight seeing. We're looking forward to our next visit.”
- “We loved everything about Rose Cottage. Perfect in every way.”
- “Had an enclosed garden with plenty of room for the dog and a lovely outdoor seated area.”
- “We had a fantastic holiday. Rose cottage was beautiful, the perfect place to relax and unwind. We were made to feel very welcome by the owner and there was plenty to see and do. Even the weather was brilliant. We will be back to Rose cottage and will recommend it to all our family and friends.”
- “Friendly local people, especially the owner of cottage. Beautiful rural landscapes, seascapes and local history.”
About the location
DUNCANNON, COUNTY WEXFORD
Waterford 12 miles.
The picturesque fishing village of Duncannon is situated in southwest County Wexford, and is dominated by Duncannon Fort, which sits on a rocky outcrop jutting into the channel. Waterford Harbour lies to the west and the golden sandy beach is popular for swimming and sunbathing. The International Sand Sculpting Festival is a village highlight each year. With a couple of pubs and restaurants and a children’s playground by the beach, Duncannon is a lovely place for a quiet seaside holiday. Catch a ferry to the beaches and watersports of Dunmore East, shop for traditional crystal in Waterford, enjoy the music of Wexford Festival Opera each October or explore some of the historic houses, beautiful gardens and lovely walks in this wonderful part of Ireland. With activities like fishing, golf and horseriding all within easy reach this is a perfect location for a family holiday.